Author Topic: St Giles, Carburton  (Read 2265 times)

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: St Giles, Carburton
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 29 October 16 15:02 BST (UK) »
It all depends on the Terms and Conditions, and the copyright in use?

FindMyPast can be rather strict over their information? 1911 census and 1939 National Register in particular :-\

Ummm . . . you DO read the Terms & Conditions? Don't you?! ;D
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline Ray T

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 29 October 16 15:49 BST (UK) »
I'm sure I've read them as much as you have ;) but I'm not sure about the terms and conditions for information transcribed by organisations such as Family History Socs. I wouldn't like to deprive them of revenue even if they are depriving themselves by limiting access to Windows users. (I've always maintained that the grandly titled "European Computer Driver's License" should be re-named the "Microsoft Driver's License".)

What I've never been able to get my head round is the relationship between the much quoted "T&Cs" and UK Copyright Legislation which permits copies to be taken for educational or research purposes; but let's not go there!

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 29 October 16 15:52 BST (UK) »
If in doubt ask!
Or read the RootsChat page on Copyright ;D

(scroll down to the bottom of any RC page; Copyright is on the LHS)
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline Ray T

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 30 October 16 15:19 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for everyone's help with this. Having spent a day unwinding things, with the help of dear old Ancestry, I think I have all ten of Tobias and Susanna(or Susanna or Susan)'s children.

They seem to have spent most of their early life raising a family in the vicinity of Carburton before moving the 20 or so miles north back to Misterton where they lived out their days - Tobias is described as a "pauper" on the 1841 and Susannah as an "Alms woman" on the 1851.

Now to find where they came from and where the rest of the children went!