Author Topic: Pearce / Bruce Innerleithen  (Read 1780 times)

Offline paulpesda

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Pearce / Bruce Innerleithen
« on: Saturday 29 October 16 21:34 BST (UK) »
Hi, I wonder if you could help me. I'm looking to make contact with the Pearce family in Innerleithen Peeblshire. Frank Pearce (1872-1953) married Mary Ann McNaughton (1868-1946), both of whom died at Innerleithen (54 Horsbrugh St, Innerleithen EH44 6LF)

Some of their children appeared to have stayed in the area too, such as Jane Dow Pearce (1897-1987) who married John Scott Bruce (1900-1971).  Joseph Denning Pearce (1903-1977) is the other child, whom I think stayed in the area. I haven't been able to trace their daughters, who may well have married, but there was an Adamnia Peacre (b. 1908) and Margaret Pearce (b.1906).

I am related via the McNaughtons. Mary Ann McNaughton was my paternal great grandfather's sister, and the last of the family to die in 1946. My maternal grandmother sadly died aged 27 years in 1933 and my great grandfather died in 1935, so the family in Wales lost contact with each other. I'm currently writing a book about the family, and would dearly love to know if there are any of the Pearce or Bruce descendants still around. Many thanks