Author Topic: Maria Larson b abt 1804 Buckingham  (Read 1670 times)

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Maria Larson b abt 1804 Buckingham
« Reply #9 on: Monday 31 October 16 17:05 GMT (UK) »
Yes I'll probably end up doing that. Especially as I've now found Elizabeth in 1841, in same household as the man she was housekeeper to in 1851, no sign of George. They are living a few doors away from the man who I have always suspected was Edward Goodyer's half brother (illegitimate). So it may explain why Edward moved to Felpham / Broadwater area and how he met the widowed Maria. Maria's first husband David Meaden, Edward Goodyer were both wheelwrights and I've now found his probable half brother was a wheelwright too.
Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge
Dorset / Hants: Derham, Stride, Purkiss, Sibley
Yorkshire: Pottage, Carr, Blackburn, Depledge
Sussex: Goodyer, Christopher, Trevatt
Lanark: Scott (soldier went to Jersey CI)
Jersey: Fowler, Huelin, Scott

Offline bucksboy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'll thank you all now, in case I forget.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 31 October 16 17:34 GMT (UK) »
There is a marriage in IGI for a George Sarson to a Elizabeth Burgess. 1801.St James, Piccadilly, Middlesex.

Which may mean, Elizabeth Burgess(Larson/Sarson )was born in Padbury, Bucks, c1776, according to the 1851 census.

Steve. :)
Ives, Stevens, Allen, Smith, King, Wooster, Elwood from Monks and Princes Risborough, Aylesbury, Wendover, Great Missenden, Bledlow, Horsenden, Saunderton, West Wycombe, High Wycombe, Lacey Green, Longwick, Illmer,  Hughenden, Prestwood, The Kimbles, Haslemere, Bradenham, Aston Clinton and more......!!  Plus a whole host of Oxfordshire areas.
Graham, Pimlott, Burgess from Cheshire and Lancashire area.
Acknowledgemets to http://www.bucksfhs.org.uk/  and  http://www.ofhs.org.uk/

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 31 October 16 18:20 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, that is certainly right time frame and names look good. I have now found an image on Ancestry but I think it may be a transcript (BT?) because only dates and names of couples listed no witnesses. I am never surprised if a couple from elsewhere come to London to marry, I've found it several times.
Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge
Dorset / Hants: Derham, Stride, Purkiss, Sibley
Yorkshire: Pottage, Carr, Blackburn, Depledge
Sussex: Goodyer, Christopher, Trevatt
Lanark: Scott (soldier went to Jersey CI)
Jersey: Fowler, Huelin, Scott

Offline bucksboy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'll thank you all now, in case I forget.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 31 October 16 21:03 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, that is certainly right time frame and names look good. I have now found an image on Ancestry but I think it may be a transcript (BT?) because only dates and names of couples listed no witnesses. I am never surprised if a couple from elsewhere come to London to marry, I've found it several times.

That's the problem with most online transcripts, they all tend to leave out the smaller details.

At least it gives you somewhere to look in Bucks.  There are not that many Bucks records available online, so I refer back to BucksFHS for the relevant searches. Padbury being quite close to Buckingham, makes it more likely.

Steve. :)
Ives, Stevens, Allen, Smith, King, Wooster, Elwood from Monks and Princes Risborough, Aylesbury, Wendover, Great Missenden, Bledlow, Horsenden, Saunderton, West Wycombe, High Wycombe, Lacey Green, Longwick, Illmer,  Hughenden, Prestwood, The Kimbles, Haslemere, Bradenham, Aston Clinton and more......!!  Plus a whole host of Oxfordshire areas.
Graham, Pimlott, Burgess from Cheshire and Lancashire area.
Acknowledgemets to http://www.bucksfhs.org.uk/  and  http://www.ofhs.org.uk/