Author Topic: Elizabeth Mary Huthnance  (Read 929 times)

Offline a chesters

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Elizabeth Mary Huthnance
« on: Wednesday 02 November 16 04:18 GMT (UK) »
I am seeking assistance in sorting out Elizabeth Mary Huthnance of Cornwall.

The information I think I have obtained is that she was the daughter of John Huthnance and Elizabeth James, born June Qtr 1869 with a Redruth registration.
I have her in the 1871 census RG10/2323/74/30 as the daughter of John, aged 45 and Elizabeth aged 43, with siblings John 23, Thomas Mary L 9, James 4. She is shown as 2.

In 1881 I have found an Elizabeth Mary, aged 12 but with parents John Huthnance aged 34, and Grace Eva aged 33. The siblings are John, 9, James 8, Lily 6, Annie 5, Arthur 3, and Thomas 2. Census RG11/2336/8/10.

In 1881 John Huthnance aged 54, and Elizabeth James aged 52 have Mary J, 17 and James, 14 living with them. Census RG11/2334/70/24.

Is Elizabeth Mary passed off to John and Grace, or does Elizabeth Mary, daughter of John and Elizabeth die, and John and Grace have their own daughter?

John and Grace are further complicated by the fact that John originally married Grace Roskilly, who died in December Qtr 1870, and he married Grace Eva in July qtr 1871.

ANY assistance in sorting out this family will be very gratefully received, as what hair I have is being pulled out in frustration.

A Chesters

Offline cath151

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Mary Huthnance
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 02 November 16 06:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
It is a bit confusing. Not sure this helps.
In 1871 John and Elizabeth are the heads of household aged 45 and 43.
Their son John 23 is a Widower which would fit since Grace died 1870. I wonder if Elizabeth (down as daughter) is John/Elizabeths Grandaughter.
Cathy
Sinnock/Sinnicks...Brighton,Greenwich.
Clements,Coles,Mc Donagh,Rock

Census InformationCrown Copyright from www.national archives.gov.uk

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 02 November 16 11:29 GMT (UK) »
Birth certificate for the 1869 registration would confirm parentage. 
Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 02 November 16 11:39 GMT (UK) »
I think she marries Sep 1890 Redruth to John Trestrail (registration under Huttmance)

She has a daughter Lena Grace in 1891.

Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline a chesters

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 02 November 16 22:46 GMT (UK) »
Thank you all for your assistance.

Cathy, It is possible you are right. I had not thought of that aspect, as I was having enough trouble trying to put things in some sort  of order.

Milliepede, the birth certificate should confirm the parentage, but I am reluctant, as they are not in the direct line. re the marriage, that is not unusual for the name to be misspelt. I have seen some very interesting ones.

Again, thanks for your help

AC

Offline strayer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 06 November 16 21:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi, You are all on right lines.

Elizabeth Mary Huthnance  was my great grandmother. She was born 24 March 1869, Camborne, dau to John Huthnance & Grace (Roskilly). Grace died in 1870 so Elizabeth Mary was living with her father in her grandparents house in Carnarthen Street in 1871. Her father, John, married again on 3 Aug 1871 Grace Eva of Roseworthy. John & Grace (Eva) went on to have a further ten children.

Elizabeth Mary married John Eustice Trestrail in 1890. After John Eustice Trestrail death in 1903, due to a mining accident, she married William Rowling 12 Sept 1925. Elizabeth Mary died in 1935.

I haven't get her birth cert but have the original marriage cert for John Huthnance & Grace Roskilly , a copy of marriage cert for William Rowling & Elizabeth Mary & orginal death cert for William Rowling. William Rowling shows my grandfather has his step-son & informant.

Hope this helps.

Dave
Trestrail

Offline a chesters

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 07 November 16 03:08 GMT (UK) »
Dave, thank you very much for that information. It sorts out the problems I had in trying to work out just where she fitted into the family. It will also help to continue the family research.

Again, many thanks.

AC