Author Topic: 1881 census  (Read 1204 times)

Offline eirwen

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
1881 census
« on: Wednesday 02 November 16 19:31 GMT (UK) »
Looking for if possible Elizabeth Gobey. Aged about 8 yrs father Nathanial In 1890 Elizabeth' address was given as Wattsfieild. Thank you  Eirwen

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
Re: 1881 census
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 02 November 16 19:37 GMT (UK) »

Near The Globe, Risca
RG11; Piece: 5270; Folio: 35; Page: 1

Nathaniel Gobey   43   coal miner     Abergavenny, Monmouth
Adelaide Gobey   41                       Mamhilad, Monmouth
William Gobey   16   coal miner     Pontypool, Monmouth
John Gobey   13                       Risca, Monmouth
Maria Gobey   11                       Risca, Monmouth
Elizabeth Gobey   8                         Risca, Monmouth
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline eirwen

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 02 November 16 20:03 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much for the prompt reply Regards Eirwen

Offline E.J.Harrhy

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 03 March 17 22:52 GMT (UK) »
With ref. to the crown&sceptre hotel cwmsyfiog new Tredegar i was born there in 1941 my mam & dad Caroline& James, there was 2 crowns 1 on lower rd & 1 on upper rd both joined by a stairway my grandfather George Harrhy grandmother Mary was a George from Brithdir my father was born no1 station terrace brithdir my mother born  in Barry and moved to 78 Elms st Aberbargoed maiden name Clark we moved from the crown in1960. where there is a detached house now in our formally  top garden the top half was donated to the then council for use as the infants school playground behind the school is our old quarry i have an old photo before the schools were built in 1897 showing the top crown being built from stone from this quarry the stone being slide down on tin sheets for the build, the schools have gone now i wonder if this ground should be returned to family.

Offline faulknem

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 30 July 19 12:03 BST (UK) »
Hello E.J.Harrhy
I was born in the Crown and Sceptre Pub in 1961, and I have been trying for nearly 30 years trying to track down the exact location, I now live in Australia, and have only returned to the UK twice since moving out there.

I was very young when my mother left the family home and moved to england, My grandfather (Thomas Jones) was the Landlord of the Pub I believe from the time you left it until 1969 I believe.

I recently managed to acquire a single distant photo of the pub, which then gave me additional landmark information, which enabled me to locate the chapel libanus, which eventually led to this site.

It would be wonderful, if you could shed some more light on this building, as It was pulled down before I was old enough to come back and re-visit it, and the history of where I was born is so sketchy now, having some information on it would be really nice.

Many Thanks