Author Topic: Invaluable source of information free until the end of December  (Read 8047 times)

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Invaluable source of information free until the end of December
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 08 November 16 14:21 GMT (UK) »
Had my registration email but when I logged in I had a windows defender message so have shut down and won't try again. Thanks for trying to help with the info though.
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline roycymru

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 08 November 16 14:32 GMT (UK) »
Had my registration email but when I logged in I had a windows defender message so have shut down and won't try again. Thanks for trying to help with the info though.

Totally understand. I think this must be related to the pop ups that are appearing on this page for some reason. I have fed this back and hope they can sort it out.

As a paid user I use this address to login http://ukgo7.com/memberslogin1.html . This seems to be clean and have tried it with a dummy account I setup for the free access until 31 Dec, so maybe worth giving one last go using this login address?

Another option (if you use Firefox or Chrome) is to install the addon Adblock Plus (Firefox link: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-Gb/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/). This automatically blocks these annoying popups

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 08 November 16 14:41 GMT (UK) »
I am a member of FindMyPast which - as you probably know - has lots of Welsh parish records. Would you know if this site has anything not on FindMyPast (Carms / Pembs in particular) as i will pay to join, at least for a month, if so.

Probably safer in the long run as my husband needs the desktop for work so i wouldn't want something to go wrong 😀
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline Pejic

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 08 November 16 14:54 GMT (UK) »
I'm in there OK - no pop-ups no warnings I used http://www.authpro.com/auth/UKGenealogy/
Richard Wernham (Berkshire 18th century),
William Hissey (1805 to 1813, Hampstead Norris),
Kapirin (Siberia 19th Century),
Kitching 1850,
Mary Howse born 1806 ish,
Chris Truelove marr. John Pocock 2-7-1696, Kintbury, Berks

Offline roycymru

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 08 November 16 15:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Aware of the welsh records on find my past but not aware of the specifics, so can't say for definite, but there is a huge amount of info on this site so I would think it highly likely it has info you don't already have.

Just tried the alternative web login I gave again on my iPad and annoyingly got a pop up! However, this is because I don't have an ad blocker installed on my tablet, installing pop up blockers on tablets doesn't seem to be as straightforward as on PCs.

Addendum

Where it says plus it should say a.d.b.l.o.c.k. (Without full stops) plus, but it doesn't seem to accept the word a.d.b.l.o.c.k.!

On a PC with Firefox or Chrome with   plus I am confident you will be OK, as it will automatically stop the pop ups. I have Kaspersky internet security installed on my PC and it is very efficient at picking up any viruses etc. And it reports no issues.

I can totally understand your reticence. Annoyingly, Until UK genealogy online sort out their login pages the only way I can see of logging in without pop ups for a "free" iPad etc. Is to login on a PC using a Firefox or Chrome browsers which have the addon   Plus installed.

Regards

Offline roycymru

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 08 November 16 15:27 GMT (UK) »
I'm in there OK - no pop-ups no warnings I used http://www.authpro.com/auth/UKGenealogy/

Also just tried it logging in using this link on my iPad with no issues, so hopefully they have fixed it!

Hopefully it finally means users can register OK for the free trial and when they login gets no pop ups!! Didn't think highlighting this free offer would cause so many issues, but worth it if people can now access this site and explore the wealth of information there.

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 08 November 16 15:31 GMT (UK) »

Just tried it too (but i'm on a desktop pc running w10). Logged in ok but when I tried to go to the Carmarthenshire page it was deemed unsafe by Norton.

Really sorry you are getting the hassle Roy but as I said the link is much appreciated.

Offline roycymru

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 08 November 16 15:54 GMT (UK) »

Just tried it too (but i'm on a desktop pc running w10). Logged in ok but when I tried to go to the Carmarthenshire page it was deemed unsafe by Norton.

Really sorry you are getting the hassle Roy but as I said the link is much appreciated.

Thanks. Can you remember what exact warning Norton reported, as I can then feed that to the, back to see if they can resolve that as well?

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 08 November 16 15:59 GMT (UK) »
Sorry all i can remember was it said 'blocked' - will try again and see what happens 😄