Author Topic: Invaluable source of information free until the end of December  (Read 8029 times)

Offline JohninSussex

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Invaluable source of information free until the end of December
« Reply #45 on: Monday 05 December 16 22:53 GMT (UK) »
Although the page called http://www.ukgo7.com/register2016free.html is still there, the free offer for 2016 seems to have been taken down.  Maybe the heading should have been " free until the beginning of December"?

What you get is a choice of £35 for the year 2017 or £3.50 what is confusing called "annual monthly subscription".  I suppose it's easy enough to take the monthly then cancel after the 1st or 2nd month like Findmy Past, but unlike FindMyPast there are no detailed instructions.
Rutter, Sampson, Swinerd, Head, Redman in Kent.  Others in Cheshire, Manchester, Glos/War/Worcs.
RUTTER family and Matilda Sampson's Will:

Offline roycymru

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday 06 December 16 08:28 GMT (UK) »
See what you mean. They should have made it clearer. Looks like maybe it was a limited time offer and if you registered when the offer was in place you got free access until the end of December. Yearly membership is actually £25 not £35 as a one off payment and I think it is trying to say you can  join monthly instead but will cost you £3.50 a month this way, though I think you can do just one month as a "taster" if you want. There is a contact us link for more info.

Offline dawncat

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday 06 December 16 11:47 GMT (UK) »
I signed up for the free until the end of december offer and was suddenly unable to get on the site.  I just got referred to the subscription page.  I can't contact them via the "contact" link to ask why this has happened and have used one of the addresses on the email they sent me when I signed up...but no reply.

Does anyone have the actual email address of the person I should be talking t about this?   I also want to ask if I sign up for the £3.50 a month subscription is there a minimum amount of months I have to subscribe for.

wasn't happy about this as if  had known i would suddenly be booted off I would have rushed a little more with my research  >:(

Offline JohninSussex

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Friday 23 December 16 13:42 GMT (UK) »
Still no joy, the various pages on the site have changed almost every day, and just now there is a page that actually does invite you to register free - but then gives you the message "Registration is not allowed".  So still no way to take up the free till end December promise.
Rutter, Sampson, Swinerd, Head, Redman in Kent.  Others in Cheshire, Manchester, Glos/War/Worcs.
RUTTER family and Matilda Sampson's Will:

Offline roycymru

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Friday 23 December 16 17:40 GMT (UK) »
It wasn't explained well by the site. Apparently those who subscribed for free should have got a welcoming email to say that the offer could cease at any time and apparently it did on 01 December! Therefore you can now only get paid access, a month at a time for £3.50 or a year for £25, at http://www.ukgo7.com/register2016free.html