Author Topic: Chalmers rd east ayrshire  (Read 646 times)

Offline cathy52

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Chalmers rd east ayrshire
« on: Sunday 06 November 16 11:35 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to find out if my gt aunt lived or worked at 4chalmers rd east Ayrshire in 1925and did she have her son with her at this address,this is the last address I can find for her.many thanks if someone can help.

Offline RJ_Paton

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Cuimhnichibh air na daoine bho'n d'thainig sibh
    • View Profile
Re: Chalmers rd east ayrshire
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 06 November 16 12:04 GMT (UK) »
Your best bet may be to try the Valuation Rolls on Scotlands people ( a pay to view site) - its not possible to search without a name.

There are two occupants showing for 4 Chalmers Road, Ayr in the 1925 Valuation Roll

Hugh Shaw DUNN Proprietor Occupier, HOUSE 2, 4 CHALMERS ROAD WEST, AYR

John SHIELLS Tenant Occupier HOUSE 4 CHALMERS ROAD EAST

Looking at the street on Google Maps shows a mix of fairly large sandstone detached and semi detached villas and slightly more modern bungalows (possibly built around the late 1920's or early 30's).
Whether she lived there or worked there would depend really upon how affluent the family was at that time or if she was there in some form of domestic service.

Scotlands People https://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/

Offline cathy52

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Chalmers rd east ayrshire
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 06 November 16 16:22 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that info falkyrn,I think she would have been a domestic servant she seemed to be a bit of a Wonderer. She had a illegitimate son trying to find out if she had her son with her at that time. Thanks for you help.