Author Topic: Crickmore Family  (Read 1718 times)

Offline wawa

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Crickmore Family
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 10 September 17 23:22 BST (UK) »
Wow this is very exciting, the closest I've come to finding anything further on the family from Altrincham, Neville Bebbington married Ethel Cornes in 1937, but apart from the usual BDM had no further information on the family, didn't know about his leg, my GGG Grandfather Edward Crickmore was the father of James Crickmore, Neville's grandfather.

I did contact Altrincham Historical Society a while back who where great but not really able to tell me much about the family or the shop so will see how I go with Timperley.

I have followed up on a few Ancestry tree's but nothing there. Someone suggested contacting the Cheshire record office which I did several days ago so just waiting to hear back from them.

Still trying to find out how long the family actually owned the shop for, James was running it in the 1870's and then his son Edward took over, he died in 1950 but from there I'm not sure if any of his sons took over from him, I have an invoice from the shop dated 1898, it was called Crickmore Saddler, Collar and Harness Maker.

Still hoping to connect one day with family from the area so thankyou for your help, it's a little bit closer.

Regards
Nari
Fairbanks Family - Staffordshire and Derbyshire Area
Crickmore Family - Salford and Altrincham Area

Offline constancetilly

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 11 September 17 05:17 BST (UK) »
There isn't a Timperley Historical Society but we have local historians such as Hazel Pryor ("Looking Back at Timperley")
I'm pretty sure that Neville Crickmore of Curzon Drive was the last one to own the shop in Altrincham and I think it closed when he retired - but I will ask around.

Offline wawa

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 11 September 17 05:26 BST (UK) »
Thankyou very much that would be great, really appreciate your help.

Nari

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 11 September 17 06:43 BST (UK) »
Have you also considered getting the wills for Edward and/or Neville to see if they contain more information on the shop?

Offline wawa

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 11 September 17 07:06 BST (UK) »
I have the will for James Crickmore, no specific mention of the shop, everything left to his wife and children, his son Edward was executer of the will, I don't have the will yet for Edward but probate index mentions his three sons James, Neville and William, no mention of anyone on Neville's.

Nari