Author Topic: Burial of Charles John White  (Read 974 times)

Offline Ann E

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Burial of Charles John White
« on: Friday 11 November 16 10:06 GMT (UK) »
Please can anyone help, I am looking for the burial of Charles John White age 54 died August? 1919 death registered in Hartley Wintney,  his body was found at the side of a road! There was probable an inquest, can you help, I haven't found a report in any of the on line newspapers

Thank you ,

Ann
Lacey, IOW, Lacey, Shearstone  SOM, Higgins, Tagg, Sammons, Jackson, Reeves Cowley, Wale OXFORD. Robert Collinson

Offline cemetery friends

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Burial of Charles John White
« Reply #1 on: Friday 11 November 16 12:49 GMT (UK) »
Probably your best chance is to contact clerk@hartleywitney.org.uk [there is in some cases a search fee]. In all probability due to the circumstances it was a burial funded by public funds which could be a communal grave with several interments or a single grave with no identifying name/headstone/kerb but possibly a marker with a plot no - the search by the parish clerk normally gives a map with the location. However it is always possible that relatives provided a conventional burial not necessarily at HW but in his originating or normal place of abode village or town but first check with HW.
Avery [Wembury]
Skilton [Hooe, Turnchapel, Plymstock and Coxside Plymouth]
Williams [Plymstock/Oreston]
Maritime subjects inc Titanic, HMS Hardy, HMS Thetis [submarine]
UK cemetery conservation
Cholera
Victorian social history

Offline Ann E

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 11 November 16 13:11 GMT (UK) »
 Thank you for your reply, I will try Hartley Witney. I lived there for a short wile some years ago.

Does anyone know if any local papers have index inquest ??

Thank you .
Ann
Lacey, IOW, Lacey, Shearstone  SOM, Higgins, Tagg, Sammons, Jackson, Reeves Cowley, Wale OXFORD. Robert Collinson

Offline Ann E

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 13 December 16 01:04 GMT (UK) »
I did contact Hartley Wintney no reply so far, :( As his body was found at the side of a road, what local papers would it have been? anyone offer any suggestions.

Ann

Offline Ann E

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 19 October 17 14:01 BST (UK) »
I have found out more about John Charles he died on the 19 July 1909 in Winchfield, that is about one mile from Hartley Wintney, There was an inquest on the 29 July, please can any one look for a report in local papers, or have any suggestions? I have search on line in newspapers with no luck.
Thank you