Author Topic: Cause of death  (Read 2176 times)

Online grandarog

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The Original Ancestor
    • View Profile
Re: Cause of death
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 12 November 16 16:24 GMT (UK) »
There are a 3 In Memoriam Notices for him from Wife and Children dated 1934 , 1936 and 1938 in the Dover Express.Stating Date of death as November 21st 1927 but no indication of what reason etc.
You can obtain his hospital record  from this link .Dont know the procedure .Presumably pay to obtain.
https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/hospitalrecords/details.asp?id=2991&page=13
WAGHORN/E
KENWARD
HARRIS
DIXON
MARSHALL
MERCER
CARE
FAGG
RUSSELL
WOODRUFF      

All these  Families were Born and Bred in Kent

Offline Kim Pearce

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 13 November 16 22:04 GMT (UK) »
Where could I find the 3 In Memoriams?  I am most interested in those. 

Online grandarog

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The Original Ancestor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 14 November 16 10:27 GMT (UK) »
On "Find my Past.com" Newspapers Kent.Just put Pearce ,Dover in the search box. I couldnt find anything else applicable .I was hoping for an obituary from 1927 put theredoesn't appear to have been one.Good Luck.
WAGHORN/E
KENWARD
HARRIS
DIXON
MARSHALL
MERCER
CARE
FAGG
RUSSELL
WOODRUFF      

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 14 November 16 12:14 GMT (UK) »

Hi Kim,

There is a Newspaper Obituary for your chap in the FindMyPast Newspaper Collection for 1927, but all it says is:

'IN MEMORIAM. PEARCE—In loving memory of my dear husband and our Dad, Thomas Henry Pearce, who died November 21st, 1927'.

And so not much help really, I'm afraid. I think you'll need the Death Cert to find out more.

Romilly.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Researching:
Wilson, Warren, Dulston, Hooper, Duffin, Petty, Rees, Davies, Williams, Newman, Dyer, Hamilton, Edmeads, Pattenden.

Offline jonw65

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 14 November 16 13:25 GMT (UK) »
Report of the funeral in The Dover Express, 2 December 1927, page 8
MR. T. H. PEARCE. The funeral took place on Saturday last, at Charlton Cemetery, of Mr. Thomas Henry Pearce, of 17 Trevanion St., who died on November 21st aged 50 years. The officiating clergyman was the Rev. E. A. Cook. The following, the deceased man's workmates of the Dover Marine, acted as bearers: Messrs. Hockings, Tarrant, Gilman, Samuels, Adams and Kelt. The mourners present were Mrs. Pearce (widow), Messrs. J. Pearce, A. Pearce, H. Pearce and L. Pearce (sons), Mr. G. Pearce (brother), Mrs. F. Pearce (daughter-in-law), Miss E. Pearce, Mrs. Smith, and Mrs. V. Wellard (sisters), Mr. V. Wellard, Mr. Smith, Mr. Brushwood and Mr. Percer (brothers-in-law), and Mrs. Castle (sister-in-law).
Floral tributes were sent from: His broken hearted Wife and little girl...............(long list)

Online grandarog

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The Original Ancestor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 14 November 16 15:38 GMT (UK) »
Well done Jonw65 & Romilly. I shall have to slink off to a dark corner and cast myself on my sword. Cant understand how my searches didn't,find those articles..
WAGHORN/E
KENWARD
HARRIS
DIXON
MARSHALL
MERCER
CARE
FAGG
RUSSELL
WOODRUFF      

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 14 November 16 17:06 GMT (UK) »
Well done Jonw65 & Romilly. I shall have to slink off to a dark corner and cast myself on my sword. Cant understand how my searches didn't,find those articles..

The FindMyPast Newspaper Collection is quite tricky to search grandarog, it took me ages to find some Articles in there concerning my Grandfather, and so don't reproach yourself... just carry on. I'm sure that Kim appreciates everyone's efforts in trying to help her with this.

Romilly.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Researching:
Wilson, Warren, Dulston, Hooper, Duffin, Petty, Rees, Davies, Williams, Newman, Dyer, Hamilton, Edmeads, Pattenden.

Offline Kim Pearce

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 15 November 16 00:22 GMT (UK) »
That I do.  Thank you all for your help.  I'll be ordering a death certificate this week to solve, once and for all, the mystery surrounding Thomas's death.

Online grandarog

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The Original Ancestor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 15 November 16 15:03 GMT (UK) »
Let us know the results when you get the cert.Please. :D
WAGHORN/E
KENWARD
HARRIS
DIXON
MARSHALL