Author Topic: Big ask some help please  (Read 4169 times)

Offline nsledden

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Big ask some help please
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 13 November 16 19:30 GMT (UK) »
Blimey thanks for that is there anyway i can find out what happened to hugh cross circumstance of his death or is that a no no
Thanks again
Nathaniel

Offline andrewalston

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My granddad
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 13 November 16 19:45 GMT (UK) »
You'll have to cough for the death certificate, I'm afraid. no sign of his burial online, but they only VERY rarely give any cause.
Looking at ALSTON in south Ribble area, ALSTEAD and DONBAVAND/DUNBABIN etc. everywhere, HOWCROFT and MARSH in Bolton and Westhoughton, PICKERING in the Whitehaven area.

Census information is Crown Copyright. See www.nationalarchives.gov.uk for details.

Offline nsledden

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 13 November 16 19:59 GMT (UK) »
Ive no problem with paying for certs wer will i be able to aquire these as im after a birth and marriage in relation to these questions all the best and tha ks again
Nathaniel

Offline clayton bradley

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 13 November 16 20:19 GMT (UK) »
I can find Mary Emma Eglin aged 5 in 1881 with older sister Lavinia, widowed mother Mary Jane   and grandparents James Ashworth 56 colliery lab b Haslingden (don't envy you Ashworths in Haslingden. There are many) Mary 53 b Acc. This agrees with Lancashire BMD death of William Eglin aged 32 in 1875 in Accrington and the marriage in 1872 of William Eglin and Mary Jane Ashworth Hyndburn reg off or reg att (maybe Catholic or other nonconformist?). The name Eglin caught my eye as there was a well known local singer named Gertie Eglin whose grandfather came to Accrington from Settle but if there is a connection I haven't found it yet, and I can find Lavinia's birth in Lancashire BMD but not Mary Emma's. Will try again, cb
Broadley (Lancs all dates and Halifax bef 1654)

Offline clayton bradley

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 13 November 16 22:11 GMT (UK) »
I think William Eglin is the son of Adam Eglin born Settle about 1815 and you will find some trees on Ancestry. I think William is the uncle of Gertie Eglin, cb
Broadley (Lancs all dates and Halifax bef 1654)

Offline andrewalston

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My granddad
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 14 November 16 12:47 GMT (UK) »
Ive no problem with paying for certs wer will i be able to aquire these as im after a birth and marriage in relation to these questions all the best and tha ks again
Nathaniel
You can order online from either the GRO (www.gro.gov.uk) or from Lancashire Certificate Services. For the latter, you can send the details straight from www.lancashirebmd.org.uk to the ordering page.

LCS versions are very likely to be images of the originals signed by the people involved, while the GRO versions are always from the transcripts sent in every quarter. The LCS versions are, unfortunately, more expensive.

If you order from the GRO at present, you can get an uncertificated PDF image for even less.
Looking at ALSTON in south Ribble area, ALSTEAD and DONBAVAND/DUNBABIN etc. everywhere, HOWCROFT and MARSH in Bolton and Westhoughton, PICKERING in the Whitehaven area.

Census information is Crown Copyright. See www.nationalarchives.gov.uk for details.

Offline Aljogreg

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 10 April 17 23:22 BST (UK) »
Nathaniel
I am married to your Grandmothers cousin Eric Gregory and have information on the Gregory's
Joan Gregory

Offline nsledden

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 07 August 17 23:00 BST (UK) »
Nathaniel
I am married to your Grandmothers cousin Eric Gregory and have information on the Gregory's
Joan Gregory
Hi Joan I have private messaged you with some contact details and would love to hear more from you
Atb
Nathaniel sledden

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 08 August 17 00:26 BST (UK) »
Hi there.

Joan will need to make 3 posts in order to use the private message (PM) system. Just to say 'Hi' would be fine.

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada