Author Topic: Reverend John Levingston.  (Read 5839 times)

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Reverend John Levingston.
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday 30 November 16 21:20 GMT (UK) »
Party 1 Name   DAVID LEVINGSTONE
Party 2 Name   ANNIE ELLIS
Date of Event   01 March 1916
Group Registration ID   1719824
SR District/Reg Area   Middleton

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/details-civil/7b856d6977571
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline powerwicklow

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday 30 November 16 21:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi Louise.

After having sent a PM to yourself I received an email from yourself to which I have sent back a couple of replies. We did have problems when away with connectivity.  For the two of us to come to the present day we will have to do so privately. Have a look in your spam. In saying all that i will post as much as I can here. Would never have found you if I hadn't gone looking for the Revd John.

You are correct. I come down the line of George Levingstone who married Mary Jane Lewis. Their daughter Eliza marrying John Power of Clonmullen. George was brother to William who married Pheobe Scanlon and Joshua who married Susan Rothwell. They were all sons of a William Levingstone  1791-1868 and an Elizabeth 1792-1872. Elizabeth who is the question.

The original spelling of the name was Leviston and would seem to vary in the records from generation to generation. I suppose depended on how the Registrar heard it.

John
Webster , Parker and Smith in Wicklow. Power , Lewis and Livingstone in Carlow and Wexford. Forde in Monaghan . Orr in Cavan.

Offline Weeze

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday 30 November 16 22:20 GMT (UK) »
Thank you, hallmark.

Hi John, will send you another pm and hopefully, we can connect that way, there was nothing in my spam.

Indeed, Elizabeth who?!

Glad to have found you too, the wonders of genealogy and the internet.

Louise