Author Topic: Beecrofts in Blantyre  (Read 4110 times)

Offline wbol

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Beecrofts in Blantyre
« Reply #9 on: Friday 30 January 09 22:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi. My web address where the book can be purchased is www.wilmabolton.com         Black Faces and Tackety Boots has 232 pages.
Wilma

Offline jrt

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 24 February 09 00:25 GMT (UK) »
hi wbol i am really enjoying your book thankyou for lettijng me know about it ,ialso am related to wilsons  of hamilton my great uncle frank wilson sadly died last year my aunts were involved with the salvation army in hlgh blantyre at that time( the nelsons )
 many thanks again  ;D  jrt
lanarkshire, Lamond beecroft. Ross, McNeil, laird Lang ,,Scot ,McKay,reddiex struthers,Douglas Mullen turvey dunbartonshire johnston gunn Wilson nelson mcteer McCartney

Offline dixons

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 24 February 09 11:32 GMT (UK) »
JRT,

I'm sure you would also enjoy 'A Blast From The Past' see www.blantyrepast.com

This is a true story of a Blantyre mining family of that era.

regards,

dixons

Offline jrt

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 24 February 09 16:46 GMT (UK) »
thankyou for the book suggestion dixons ill check that out ,im sending for wilmas sequel pit props and ponies also   
                                jrt
lanarkshire, Lamond beecroft. Ross, McNeil, laird Lang ,,Scot ,McKay,reddiex struthers,Douglas Mullen turvey dunbartonshire johnston gunn Wilson nelson mcteer McCartney

Offline jennifer.cochrane

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 08 March 18 12:59 GMT (UK) »
I tried to trace my family back and came across an Isiah Beecroft who was a stocking weaver from Bridgeton, Glasgow.  Could this be the same person?  Unfortunately I don't have all the information to hand at the moment, dates etc, but surely there can't be that many people with that name...can there???

Offline Martin63

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 09 March 18 19:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jennifer - nice to hear from you and thanks for posting. From what I have been able to research over the years there is only one Beecroft family in Scotland. I remember chatting to my grandmother Margaret Martin (nee Beecroft) in the mid 1970s who told me some of the family history and that inspired me to do some more research. Isaiah Beecroft was born around 1808 in Yorkshire I believe and the family then moved to Scotland. He was indeed a Stocking Weaver. His wife was Margaret Douglas and she was from Hawick. He died in Perth in 1887. There have been at least 2 other Isaiah Beecrofts in the family. Best wishes. Martin

Offline jrt

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 26 April 18 22:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Martin
Did you know Sarah McNeil was born in Newcastle ? Found it in on a poor record in the Mitchell library but so far have been unable to confirm it
Jrt