Author Topic: Looking for Brown/Giloway/ Luyt relatives  (Read 412 times)

Offline terrorbull

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Looking for Brown/Giloway/ Luyt relatives
« on: Monday 14 November 16 10:59 GMT (UK) »
I am searching for relatives related to my grandfather Robert Lawrence Brown.  All I know is his father was a Lawrence Brown and his mother was a Anne Caroline (nee Luyt) 
Also looking for Giloway relatives related to Fredrik Lodewyk  Giloway, married to Elizabeth Magelina  Ann (nee Luyt) whose father was Johannes Giloway 1875, married to Beatrix Jacoba Villa. Apparently the Luyt sisters are related to the Browns somewhere in the lines.  I have no living relatives left now in Sth Africa that I know of.

Offline Gillian Mauchan

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Eliza Warr c 1900 Found her she lied about her age
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Brown/Giloway/ Luyt relatives
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 16 November 16 11:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi
There is this Estate in the Cape Archives
DEPOT     KAB                                                                   
SOURCE    MOOC                                                                 
TYPE      LEER                                                                 
VOLUME_NO 6/9/19474                                                             
SYSTEM    01                                                                   
REFERENCE 1738/52                                                               
PART      1                                                                     
DESCRIPTION          BROWN, ANNE CAROLINE. BORN LUYT. ESTATE PAPERS.                       
STARTING  19520000                                                             
ENDING    19520000   

Unfortunatelly it's not included in the records on familysearch.org so you will need to contact the Archives directly for a copy - they charge R1/page to copy.
The DN included in the estate file should give you the details of any heirs and may include her parentage. I did not see an estate file for her husband but this should give you an indication if he pre-deceased her.
Regards
Gillian
WARR, MAUCHAN, GOWANS,Guest,Whitcomb. Taute, Webb,Pascual

Offline Gillian Mauchan

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Eliza Warr c 1900 Found her she lied about her age
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Brown/Giloway/ Luyt relatives
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 16 November 16 12:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi
If you search for Giloway in South Africa on familysearch.org there is a baptism  for children of  Johannes Giloway and Beatrix Jacoba Villa
-Petrus Johannes Gilowey
-John Louis Giloway

There are estate files
MOOC   6/9/15806   1066/49   GILOWEY, FREDERICK LODEWYK CHARLES. ESTATE PAPERS.   1949   1949 can be found at
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-C91C-6W35-5?i=1557&cat=331262
MOOC   6/9/19741   3135/52   GILOWEY, ELIZABETH MAGDALENA ANN. ESTATE PAPERS.   1952   1952 (not on familysearch) available at the Cape Archives
Regards
Gillian
WARR, MAUCHAN, GOWANS,Guest,Whitcomb. Taute, Webb,Pascual