Author Topic: information on Mary Keogh and Michael Feely/Feeley  (Read 668 times)

Offline Peter Buckley

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
information on Mary Keogh and Michael Feely/Feeley
« on: Wednesday 16 November 16 00:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi all, I have in my family tree a Mary Keogh, born I think in Ireland around 1829. Mary married a Michael Feely/Feeley some time around 1851 (as her first child James Feeley was born in Manchester in 1852) I hope to have his birth cert shortly........  Multiple problems...I cannot locate a marriage for Mary and Michael either in Ireland or Manchester. I also cannot locate a birth for a Mary Keogh that fits except one that has a Mary Keogh B: 1829 from Mardyke in Tipperary. Now, what makes this interesting is that Mary's father was called Darby and Mary's 4th child was named Darby.

Mary and Michael eventually settled in Darlington, Co Durham. Michael died there in 1891 and Mary in 1905 in the Darlington Union Workhouse.  If anyone has any information about either Mary or Michael I would be so thrilled.  I have Mary's daughter Mary Feely and son Darby Feely's birth certificates.....Many thanks....Peter B
Buckley, Stockdale, Peverley, Forrest, Powell

Offline bevj

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Robert Paterson 1866-1909
    • View Profile
Re: information on Mary Keogh and Michael Feely/Feeley
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 16 November 16 20:49 GMT (UK) »
This is odd  ???
The birth certificate for James will confirm or otherwise but the only James Feely I can see in the Manchester area born in 1852 has mother's maiden name Flanagan, which goes presumably with this marriage:
Marriages Mar 1851   (>99%)
Cook James        Manchester    20   504    
Feely    Michael         Manchester    20   504     <<<
Fidler    Elizabeth         Manchester    20   504    
Flanagan    Mary         Manchester    20   504     <<<

Maybe Michael was already married and so was not free to marry Mary Keogh?
Bev
Weedon - Hertfordshire and W. Australia
Herbertson, Congalton, Paterson - Scotland
Reed, Elmer - Hunts.
Branson - Bucks. and Birmingham
Warren, Ball, Jones - Birmingham
Fuller, Bourne, Sheepwash - Kent
Brittain - Beds. and W. Australia

Offline Peter Buckley

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 16 November 16 21:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi Bev,  Oddly enough Flanagan was the first surname I had for Mary.  I did get a birth certificate for her daughter Mary and it had her mother Mary's maiden name as something like Caco (Could be Keogh) If James's birth certificate comes back with the name Flanagan on it, the mystery only deepens.  I have seen that record of a Michael Feely marrying a Mary Flanagan in the right timeframe and that just makes me wonder if Mary Keogh and Mary Flanagan are one and the same?....Many thanks...Peter

Online ribbo39

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 16 November 16 21:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi Peter,
I don't know if you have  a subscription for Ancestry.... but there is an on-line family tree which lists a Micahel Feeley as being bapt. 29-8-1822 in Elphin, Roscommon, Ireland with parents Daniel Feeley and Bridget Galagher - also shows  original register page.

May not be the correct one your after, but thought you would be interested.

Alan
Browse, Peggs, Revans/Revance/Ribbans, Spall,   in Suffolk/Norfolk
Belcher, Elderfield, Froude, Saunders,  Stimson, Tame,   in Berks
Artis, Gray in Norfolk

Offline Peter Buckley

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 16 November 16 21:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi Alan,  Thanks for that info.  I do have an Ancestry subscription, so I will look that record up....Peter