Author Topic: Kingston-on-Thames photo of Auntie May/Uncle Walter/Charley's gravestone please?  (Read 1025 times)

Offline Westoe

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Dear all,

Would anyone volunteer to take a photo for me please of a gravestone in Kingston Cemetery in Kingston-on-Thames? There is a photo on the Billion Graves website but it has so much glare that it is almost unreadable unless you already know what should be there. I cannot do it for myself because I am far, far away in central Canada.

My Auntie May and Uncle Walter Charley are buried there in the same grave. It is grave number C (for consecrated) 5832. Here are the links to the entries in the burial register:

http://web.kingston.gov.uk/images/GraveRecords/KingstonCemetery/BurialRegister10_1929-1936/pge00046.jpg

http://web.kingston.gov.uk/images/GraveRecords/KingstonCemetery/BurialRegister13_1954-1978/pge00042.jpg

I hope that someone can do this for me. I was ever so pleased tonight to find out exactly where they are buried.

Cheers,
Westoe

P.S. Though I never met her, I have childhood memories of my widowed Auntie May. Because food rationing went on long after the war ended my parents' Christmas parcel to her was almost all foodstuffs - lots of Mother's baking and jams and preserves, lots of tinned groceries and lots of supplies for Auntie May to bake treats she liked and to share little luxuries with her friends - things like sugar, tinned oranges, tinned eggs, tinned bacon, condensed milk, chocolate, nuts, shredded coconut, candied ginger, raisins etc.

Almost as soon as school started in September, Mother would start her Christmas baking and then start haunting the shops for sturdy cartons that would stand up to a long sea trip. And she'd have all the neighbours saving their newspapers for her to wrap everything so that it was well-padded against breakage.

Offline MrsD16

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Kingston-on-Thames photo of Auntie May/Uncle Walter/Charley's gravestone please?
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 18 December 16 20:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi I  can't at the moment, but if you haven't already got someone to do this for you I'll be happy to pop down there for you in the new year once my children are back at school?

Offline Westoe

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Kingston-on-Thames photo of Auntie May/Uncle Walter/Charley's gravestone please?
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 18 December 16 23:08 GMT (UK) »
Oh, yes please!. Thank you Mrs. D.

Cheers,
Westoe

Offline MrsD16

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 22 December 16 22:25 GMT (UK) »
Its no problem, my children are back to school on the 5th Jan so will be some point after that will update once Ive been :)

Offline BrazilianBombshell

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 22 December 16 23:07 GMT (UK) »
What heart warming stories of your Mum sending parcels to your Auntie May! 
Davies - Brazil
Pooley - London
Preston- Lincoln
Martyn - Lincoln
Cannon - Lincoln
Griffin - Dorset
Poore - Dorset
Dickinson - Leicester & Dorset

Offline Westoe

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Photos are received. Thank you very much, Michelle. This thread is now completed.

Cheers,
Westoe