Author Topic: 1841 census ..Massey ..Bridgnorth  (Read 1595 times)

Offline gah

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
1841 census ..Massey ..Bridgnorth
« on: Sunday 20 November 16 18:20 GMT (UK) »
  Hi this is a long shot ...i am looking for John Massey in Bridgnorth on the 1841 census sorry i know nothing else of John i am clutching at straws my gtgt grandfather was James Massey his father was John i know that John was desceased on James marriage cert that was in 1853...my aim is to try to find out about James Masseys parents who  were they etc ...any help / suggestions would be most welcome have been trying to knock down this brick wall fo a number of years

gah

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 census ..Massey ..Bridgnorth
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 20 November 16 18:50 GMT (UK) »
When was James born?

Emeltee
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Offline gah

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 20 November 16 21:13 GMT (UK) »
   Hi James was born in 1828 ,, i have him on various census but hes not consistant when giving his place of birth in 1851 states worcester kidderminster...1861wolverley worcester..1871 states wolverhampton..then 1881 says Quatford,,,    have not found him in 1841 , i dont know the area at all so not sure if they are close to one another

gah

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 21 November 16 10:02 GMT (UK) »
I have to ask, why Bridgnorth?

I have found only one death for a John Massey in Bridgnorth in 1843 and the death cert gives a birth year of 1761 which would have made him 67 when James was born . He is in the 1841 Census living with a Thomas Ralphs in Wellington, not Bridgnorth.

I cannot find a birth in either Kidderminster or Wolverhampton for a James Massey c1828 although I did find a Marriage to Isabella in Wolverhampton in 1853 naming his father as John. A real mystery man.

Sorry not to have been more helpful.

Emeltom.
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Offline gah

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 21 November 16 22:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi Emeltom   thank you for trying anyway and yes he did marry Isabella Thomas in 1853... he sure was a mystery in his early years  ::) ::)

gah