Author Topic: William Beckwith marriage 1849 Canada.  (Read 1496 times)

Offline cosmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Beckwith marriage 1849 Canada.
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 04 December 16 03:37 GMT (UK) »
http://nyshistoricnewspapers.org/

Newspapers from the area might also prove helpful.  I wasn't able to pull up anything for William or Miriam.

Offline cosmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 04 December 16 03:42 GMT (UK) »
Son Edmund died 1921 and is buried in Mt Adnah Cemetery.  From FindAGrave there is also a M.L. Beckwith interred Mar 1905 - cause of death typhoid.  Perhaps Miriam??
http://fultonhistory.com/my%20photo%20albums/mt.%20adnah/mt.%20adnah%20cemetery%20fulton%20ny%20records%20of%20interments%201850%20-%201953/index.html
There are many internment entries at this site but not sure how they have it organized as years overlap.  Perhaps son was buried where parents were.

Offline solidrock

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 04 December 16 11:01 GMT (UK) »
Thank you cosmac for your useful information, I will follow up.

Offline Southvancouver

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 18 December 17 08:29 GMT (UK) »
I can not help with your specific search but I am moved to comment that those Beckwiths do seem to get around.  I have a Beckwith direct ancestor from Essex (she married a Reeve). I found a farm near Bocking, Essex named “Beckwiths” when I was in Essex many decades ago.  The name “Beckwith” was bestowed as a given name on several of my Reeve relations who immigrated to Canada. 

Offline Jacquie in Canada

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 18 December 17 12:26 GMT (UK) »
There is a William Beckwith who is listed as a brother-in-law of the head of household (John Hasler, wife Sarah) on the 1861 England census for Halstead, Essex. It says he was born in Halstead and is 47 so the right age and place of birth.

There is also a William Beckwith who is listed as lodger on the same census for Snoreham, Essex. It says he was born in Halstead and is 47 so again the right age and place of birth.

Have you eliminated these two Williams? What facts do you have about your William that we can use to differentiate him from others (parents, siblings)?

Jacquie
Canada: Patterson, Brown, Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Johnston(e), Gorsuch, Kitchin/Kitchen
United States: Patterson, Smith, Brown, Vance, Bower(s), Newberry, Best, Love, Gorsuch
England (Northumberland): Brown, Whitfield, Henderson
Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian): Johnston(e), Bell, Galloway, Campbell, Robertson, Williamson, Thomson, Crawford
Germans from Russia: Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Meach, Lorenz