Author Topic: William ROBERTS/John ROBERTS 1800'S Wales  (Read 2734 times)

Offline LEMB

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William ROBERTS/John ROBERTS 1800'S Wales
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 27 November 16 22:20 GMT (UK) »
You mention William Roberts was buried in St Mary's, Conwy, would you like me to have a look to see if he has a headstone, as it happens to be my Parish Church ? In Conwy Library they also have a list of everyone buried at the Churchyard and you can sometimes find a few more bits of information from that. It would help if you give the information that is on the death certificate such as dates and address at time of death.

Hello!

Yes he's buried in St Mary's, Conwy. I've visited his grave stone and been given the plot number by the Vicar! :) he couldn't give me much more information though and when the Vicar passed my details onto a community email that had more information, they could only tell me that he lived in Mount Pleasant in Wales before he died! I know he died on the 27th May 1862, at Mount Pleasant Conwy and he was with his Dad - John Roberts. I've been told to go to the conwy library before, for more information but unfortunately i live in cheshire!! :( i'm dieing to just find out anymore information though, anything at all! or pictures if thats even possible! thank you so much for the help!

Offline LEMB

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 27 November 16 22:29 GMT (UK) »
http://newspapers.library.wales/view/4519713/4519716/25/

John Roberts death notice 1843

thank you for the information! on the page it says "28th Ult"? what does that mean? i'm presuming its a word meaning a month of a year? but i'm not sure :( and it also says he died at 67 years old but i also saw somewhere that he died when he was 70 years old on December the 29th!!

OR as theres so many John Roberts in the family, i could be getting confused haha :)
is this the info for John Roberts who married Susanah? Or John Roberts who is susanah's Dad? the info i had found where he has apparently died at 70 years old was for Susanah's dad!

(sorry this is so confusing!!)  :P

Offline LEMB

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 27 November 16 22:34 GMT (UK) »
http://newspapers.library.wales/view/4519713/4519716/25/

John Roberts death notice 1843

Oh actually, it must be the information for susanah's dad now i think about it!

Because John Roberts (Susanahs husband who had William Roberts) was there at williams death in 1862, so it must be for susanah's dad! the dates match up too closely to be anyone else! :D

Offline hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 28 November 16 07:38 GMT (UK) »
When used with dates -

"Ult" = in the previous month

"Inst" = in the current month (if the death notice had made the December paper it would have read " On the 28th Inst ...") 

Offline Ellenmai

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 29 November 16 13:04 GMT (UK) »
 Burial for Susanah Roberts of Roberts Street, Bangor 8/7/1862 age 47 years. This may be why John & William moved to Conway? It appears all John & Susanah's children were born in Bangor so I don't know why the vicar seems to think William was born at Mount Pleasant in Conwy, unless they are two different people? I will be going down to the library over the next couple of days, perhaps we will find some answers there.

Offline Ellenmai

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 01 December 16 17:03 GMT (UK) »
No luck using your dates at the library I'm afraid  :-[ What I did find was a Roberts family living in Mount Pleasant, Conwy on the 1861 Census which was a year before William died. The William on the 1861 Census in Conway was born 1847 at Bangor, occupation sailor and his father John was born 1812 at Amlwch, Anglesey but was a Engine Driver. As we know the Roberts family living at Roberts Street Bangor are still there in 1861, so I think they are two completely different families. There are quite a lot of William Roberts buried at the cemetery so could you give me the plot number so that a can check it with the list. Also does it state his age on the death certificate? :-\

Offline Loui June Spedz

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 19 February 18 20:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lauren I think I have the answer for you, if you have an email address or anyway I can send you something then please get in touch, I've been doing my family tree and I think the John and Mary you are talking about are my 5th set of grandparents on my dads side.

Offline LEMB

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 18 April 23 11:23 BST (UK) »
No luck using your dates at the library I'm afraid  :-[ What I did find was a Roberts family living in Mount Pleasant, Conwy on the 1861 Census which was a year before William died. The William on the 1861 Census in Conway was born 1847 at Bangor, occupation sailor and his father John was born 1812 at Amlwch, Anglesey but was a Engine Driver. As we know the Roberts family living at Roberts Street Bangor are still there in 1861, so I think they are two completely different families. There are quite a lot of William Roberts buried at the cemetery so could you give me the plot number so that a can check it with the list. Also does it state his age on the death certificate? :-\

Hi! I can't believe I have only just seen this, I really hope you still come online! Williams plot number was 223. On his death certificate it states he was 15 years old if i remember rightly, but that was incorrect, he was 16 years old when he died. The reason it was mixed up (i presume) is because he died on the month of his birthday. He turned 16 and then died a few weeks later.

Thank you for your help:)

Offline LEMB

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 18 April 23 11:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Lauren I think I have the answer for you, if you have an email address or anyway I can send you something then please get in touch, I've been doing my family tree and I think the John and Mary you are talking about are my 5th set of grandparents on my dads side.

Hi! I am so gutted that I have only just seen this, I really hope you still come online. I will send you a message. :)