Author Topic: Jonah Peaceful. 1845-1908.  (Read 3262 times)

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Jonah Peaceful. 1845-1908.
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 26 November 16 19:11 GMT (UK) »
1881 Census @ 304 Granville Row, Lilleshall, Shropshire

Jonah Peaceful   36 - Coal miner
Salome Peaceful   34
Ann Peaceful   12
Jabez Peaceful   11
James Peaceful   9
Jonah Peaceful   6
John W. Peaceful   4
Harry Peaceful   2
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.

Offline mazi

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 26 November 16 19:38 GMT (UK) »
Is it worth trying to get the photo dated on the photo board, although with only two years between the bros. it may not help.

Mike

Offline cj1992

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 05 December 16 18:15 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks Mike, davidft and avm228 for all the information and guidance.

I'm trying to fit all the jigsaw pieces together but I doubt if I'll ever be 100% sure. I'm hoping to see the relative who has the "Jonah" photo over Xmas and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we might be able to shed a bit more light on things.

Once again, many thanks.

CJ

Offline Baudoux

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 05 December 17 18:07 GMT (UK) »
I don't know if this will mean anything to you or not.
I have Jonah Peaceful on my Family Tree.  He was born July 23, 1906 in Wellington, Shropshire.  He died in 1986. in Wrekin, Shropshire.  His wife was Edith Ann Harper born in 1899  in Donnington Wood  She died in 1947 in Wellington, Shropshire.  They were married in 1932 in Newport, Shropshire.  The connection with me is through the  Humpherson Line.  My Grandparents come from Donnington Wood, and my grandfather was a coal miner.

Kind regards,

Doris Baaudoux

Offline cj1992

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 09 December 17 13:23 GMT (UK) »
Dear Doris.

Many thanks for your message.

Your Jonah Peaceful is the son of Jonah Peaceful (b. 1875, d. 1939) and Ada Griffiths (b. 1874, d. 1949).

Jonah Peaceful senior was one of my grandmother’s (Elizabeth Louisa Peaceful) brothers so that would make him my great uncle.

I’ve currently got details of two of young Jonah’s siblings (although there may be more). He had two sisters, Florence May Peaceful (b. 1900) and Ada Louisa Peaceful (b. 1903).

If you have any more information I’d be delighted to hear it.

I’ve been having a quick look at some of your posts on RootsChat and the name Ferraday rang a bell with me. My mother knew an Ida Ferraday whose father had the chemist shop in Oakengates. I think Ida or her father (or possibly both) might be buried in Wombridge churchyard. Please let me know if you think that there is a connection. I shall be in that area over Christmas (my mother is also buried there) and if I can find a headstone I’ll take a photograph for you.   

Thank you so much for contacting me.

Kind regards

Paula.