Author Topic: Looking for Elliott's  (Read 425 times)

Offline Jnyfer

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Looking for Elliott's
« on: Monday 28 November 16 16:57 GMT (UK) »
Hello I am starting my family tree but I do not have much information.

I can put in my dad and my grandads name That's it. I think my grandad was a twin (female)

This is all the information I have. I can get names and dob of my dad's siblings too if that helps?

Anyone know any other information for me? No hints come up on ancestry.

Jenny.

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Elliott's
« Reply #1 on: Monday 28 November 16 17:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi

You are doing well, starting with what you know and working back one step at a time.

There is a policy here not to mention the names of living people, so unless your dad and granddad are now deceased, you will need to remove their names.

Have a look at www.freebmd.org.uk (or at the Birth Registrations 1916-2005 on Ancestry if you are using that)

You should see your Grandad birth very easily, and it gives his mothers maiden name too in the index.  You can send for a copy of his birth cert (from www.gro.uk , much cheaper than other sites) if you want a copy.
You can use the same birth indexes to look for possible siblings ie other Elliotts with mums maiden name Anderson.  And then move to the marriage index to look for an Elliott / Anderson marriage.
Then you can begin to move back a bit more - getting a copy of the marriage cert will give the names of the fathers and occupations.
Once you get back to 1911 you can start to look on censuses to hopefully see families together.

P.S  Looking again at the 1934 birth, there is another Eilliot with the same mothers maiden name, with the same page number ref - so that is highly likely to be your granddads twin.
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Jnyfer

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Elliott's
« Reply #2 on: Monday 28 November 16 17:38 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much. I can see them both on there and the twins name rings a bell.

Jenny.