Author Topic: Familyrelatives.com WARNING! WARNING!  (Read 16229 times)

Offline Lostris

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • diebus numerati sunt
    • View Profile
Re: Familyrelatives.com WARNING! WARNING!
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 29 November 16 17:45 GMT (UK) »
I'm a bit worried about the mention of xxxxx on a public forum like this, when, as Relatedtoturnips has said there is no actual proof at the moment.

I'd think it would be fine to prefix it with 'alleged' or 'possible' - to properly convey the flavour of the whole thing ?

Offline relatedtoturnips

• --
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 29 November 16 17:46 GMT (UK) »
I would suggest everyone be very careful about the wording they use on this thread.
The site Familyrelatives.com is still active and can be accessed.

It does contain quite a list of free records, but whether the free records are of use to the users of this forum I do not know, they seem to be mainly things like the Overseas GRO Birth, Marriage and Death Indexes 1761-1994 and USA Birth, Death, Marriage, Divorce, Immigration, Military enlistment, POW & Casualties
See
http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ixt/

It seems, in my opinion, from what I have read on the site to hold records such as trade directories and other records sourced from books of transcribed records rather than original records but I am not totally sure about this.

Cheers
Guy

Good advice Guy. I am only quoting that which is publicly available by google search.

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 30 November 16 01:38 GMT (UK) »
Gosh Relatedtoturnips what a turnup!  I've checked your link to Treequest (UK) Ltd and it appears it is connected to a James Varrie in Jersey.  Nationwide shows treequest as the payee on their statement.  Googling James Varrie you will find more about him and his activities.   Thank you for your help.

You are welcome. Yes I noticed James Varrie to. He is one some of the documents on the companies information website. He applied for "Striking Off" in 2011. This basically means he is closing down his business.

But as you have mentioned his company name, appeared on your bank statement. Something doesn't seem right! lol.

Treequest (UK) Ltd registered at Companies House, Cardiff under company number 05238479 is indeed a dissolved company and therefore cannot trade in any way as it no longer legally exists.  However, the company which runs Familyrelatives is Treequest Ltd, Registered in Jersey under Company Number 87643, and was reported as still being 'live' as at February 2016: https://www.jerseyfsc.org/registry/documentsearch/NameDetail.aspx?id=110542
MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Offline relatedtoturnips

• --
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 30 November 16 08:18 GMT (UK) »
Gosh Relatedtoturnips what a turnup!  I've checked your link to Treequest (UK) Ltd and it appears it is connected to a James Varrie in Jersey.  Nationwide shows treequest as the payee on their statement.  Googling James Varrie you will find more about him and his activities.   Thank you for your help.

You are welcome. Yes I noticed James Varrie to. He is one some of the documents on the companies information website. He applied for "Striking Off" in 2011. This basically means he is closing down his business.

But as you have mentioned his company name, appeared on your bank statement. Something doesn't seem right! lol.

Treequest (UK) Ltd registered at Companies House, Cardiff under company number 05238479 is indeed a dissolved company and therefore cannot trade in any way as it no longer legally exists.  However, the company which runs Familyrelatives is Treequest Ltd, Registered in Jersey under Company Number 87643, and was reported as still being 'live' as at February 2016: https://www.jerseyfsc.org/registry/documentsearch/NameDetail.aspx?id=110542.

Well spotted!

Offline bevj

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Robert Paterson 1866-1909
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday 30 November 16 13:02 GMT (UK) »
Well I must say this is very odd   ???
I have never had any dealings with or registered with familyrelatives.com. But this morning I had an email from our friend James offering me 40% off their premium census subscription bundle, with instructions to hurry because the offer runs out today.
I wonder if this thread is the subject of stalking!!!!
Bev
Weedon - Hertfordshire and W. Australia
Herbertson, Congalton, Paterson - Scotland
Reed, Elmer - Hunts.
Branson - Bucks. and Birmingham
Warren, Ball, Jones - Birmingham
Fuller, Bourne, Sheepwash - Kent
Brittain - Beds. and W. Australia

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday 30 November 16 13:10 GMT (UK) »
I've just had the same email?
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday 30 November 16 13:35 GMT (UK) »
I got an email about an hour ago - to an email address I gave up using to send emails several years ago, but I still receive emails from a few people on it.
I don't think I registered with family relatives - if I did it would have been several years ago.
Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge
Dorset / Hants: Derham, Stride, Purkiss, Sibley
Yorkshire: Pottage, Carr, Blackburn, Depledge
Sussex: Goodyer, Christopher, Trevatt
Lanark: Scott (soldier went to Jersey CI)
Jersey: Fowler, Huelin, Scott

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday 30 November 16 13:37 GMT (UK) »
Very odd isn't it, but must be a coincidence as there is no way they could get e-mails from this site.

:o  Having said that, I've just checked and I have one as well, sent to the email I only use for this site and RC contacts! I've never registered with them.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday 30 November 16 13:45 GMT (UK) »
My email from family relatives came to the old email I would have used when I first joined Rootschat, but I have since updated my RC account to use my current email address.
Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge
Dorset / Hants: Derham, Stride, Purkiss, Sibley
Yorkshire: Pottage, Carr, Blackburn, Depledge
Sussex: Goodyer, Christopher, Trevatt
Lanark: Scott (soldier went to Jersey CI)
Jersey: Fowler, Huelin, Scott