Author Topic: Dale family in Smallwood/Astbury  (Read 665 times)

Offline rob g

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Dale family in Smallwood/Astbury
« on: Monday 28 November 16 20:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi all. A while back I discovered I was not descended from the Mitchells.but really descended from the dale family in Smallwood. Cheshire. Long story. But turns out William.dale  B.Astbury circa 1800. Earthenware dealer. he is in bolton. In 1841 census with my ancestor phobe Mitchell. Nee Rothwell. Was my 5 times g father. His Father was Peter dale. Mother ann. They seem to be a large family.  In the area As there's a lot of them.? Gets I bit confusing. I have had some.help with this.but would like to know.more.such as occupations. Where they lived. And how far back they go in the area. Are there any graves.or information on them. Big ask. But anything would be interesting. Hope someone can spare the time to reply. If not thanks for reading my message. Regards rob.
romany history, mitchell family history. Earthenware. general . And horse. I dealers/hawkers. market trading.  lancashire. cumbria. staffordshire.scotland. paternal, side. wilson. lee. burton. miller .burnside. Smith. varey. howard. Jones. Lowther. Evens. Ward. Dale.maternal, side. miller cumbria, stewert. mitchell. allan. Ireland. donaghue, Kelly. Murphy. Young. Plus many others. .

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Dale family in Smallwood/Astbury
« Reply #1 on: Monday 28 November 16 20:58 GMT (UK) »
It sounds a very big ask .. but would be easier if it were broken down into manageable asks, with full details of what you already have.

So - whose occupation do you want to know? Have you find that person on a census (if after 1841) or on a baptism of their child (if before) where an occupation may be recorded?

When it comes to graves, first you need to find a death (if after 1837), then a burial. Or just a burial in a Parish register if before. A burial does not mean there will be a headstone though.

As to how long "they" lived in the area, that will be a case normal thorough research, taking each person at a time and working back one step at a time, confirming each step from as many different sources as possible. 
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline williamtov

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Dale family in Smallwood/Astbury
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 29 November 16 22:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rob,
I've checked through the Astbury Marriage Registers and I am sorry to have to tell you that out of 103 Dale men married at Astbury between 1754 and 1837 there is not a single Peter.
Bill