Author Topic: De Koning and Underwood in Sale  (Read 1812 times)

Offline Nouchke

• RootsChat Extra
  • http://tamesidefamilyhistory.co.uk
    • View Profile
De Koning and Underwood in Sale
« on: Thursday 01 December 16 00:01 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to trace any information about a Willem De Koning a Dutch National born December 1918,

In 1943 he married Florence Hardman formerly Hennerley Bucklow 8a 595
Florence has  since died, but the couple had two children:
Removed in Sept Quarter 1944 ALT 14A/29
Removed in December Quarter 1951 ALT/29A/30

Florende married again in 1957, but no death found for Willem.

More name and dates removed

I am searching on behalf of a descendant of Willem De Koning who is trying to find out where Willem disappeared to and if he is dead(very Likely) but no death registration found

Willem was being trained as an SOE operative from 1941, but dropped out of training in 1943.  There are some papers at the National Archives about his time working for SOE but these are closed for 72 years until 2019..

Does anybody have any knowledge about Willem's descendants who may be able to shed light on what happened to Willem?  I have checked Electoral Registers, Social Media and current phone book with no luck

De Koning is quite rare in this country, but very common in the Netherlands, so some family knowledge may help with further clues.

Moderator comment: Please read our guidelines for posting

http://www.rootschat.com/help/posting_guide.php

Edited in accordance with RootsChat policy of not publishing details of living people here, or details of people who may still be living. This is to protect all concerned from spam, identity abuse, internet abuse, etc, etc.

Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

STANLEY, CARTWRIGHT, NEWTON,  HORSFALL - all in the Tameside Area,
CULLEN in Armagh and Wicklow
OLIVER in Shropshire and Glossop
PIETTE in Bruxelles

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: De Koning and Underwood in Sale
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 01 December 16 00:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Rootschat has a no living persons policy so the names and details of any persons who could still be alive should not be shown in your post

http://www.rootschat.com/help/posting_guide.php

Please do not post requests asking for help to find (possibly) living relatives or friends.
RootsChat is a forum for searching for ancestors. Anything posted on the internet is in the public domain where anybody can see this information. To protect people and their identities we do not encourage the posting of information about people who are or maybe still living.
Even with permission from the subject of a post we would seriously advise against giving too much information as to betray their identity.

You can find some tips for searching for living people on these RootsChat topics:
RootsChat Topic: Searching for living relatives and Rootschat
RootsChat Topic: Tracing Living Relatives
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 01 December 16 10:41 GMT (UK) »
Florences second marriage should state whether she was a widow or divorced
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 01 December 16 13:07 GMT (UK) »
Death Reg;   

United States Social Security Death Index

William DEKONING
Surname   Dekoning
Birth Date   19 Dec 1918****
State    New York
Event Date    Jul 1979
Age 61

Sorry may be a William Callahan Dekoning so not yours!
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline ele002

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Under Age Grandfather
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 15 March 17 01:27 GMT (UK) »
Sorry, ignore this.

Slip of the finger, your honour.
Jones:Middleton, Howarth:Manchester, Dean:Ardwick/Manchester, Harvey:Nth Manchester & Elland/West Yorks,  Tattersall:Manchester/Salford/Burnley,  
 Lees:Prestwich/Manchester, Wild : Manchester/Salford,
Davies/Williams :Ruabon/Wrexham
Peace: Burton on Trent

Offline Possumtops

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 08 October 17 15:42 BST (UK) »
Hi, I'm busy doing some reserch of the Dutch section of SOE and came upon your post. I have a copy of Willem Koning's National Archives file should you want a copy. The impression I have gained is that he was treated very unfairly.

Cheers,

Brian Lomas *

* Moderator comment: personal e-mail address removed in accordance with RootsChat general policy to avoid others either spammin it or otherwise abusing it.  Please use the oersonal message system to exchange e-mail addresses.  New members may need to make two or three posts in order to be able to access the system.  Thanks

Offline Harald Porschen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 29 June 19 19:59 BST (UK) »
Hi, are you still looking for the Death of Willem (de) Koning?

He died on 14.06.1945 in Alkmaar/Noord-Holland. You'll find it on https://www.openarch.nl/nha:476e1d72-cf93-4753-919b-5e4d9a169634.

Willem was a great-grandson of my ancestors (https://gw.geneanet.org/hporschen_w?lang=de&p=kornelius&n=koning&oc=0&type=tree)

I would love to hear more about his relationship to Florence Hardman und his work at the Special Op's.

many greetings
Harald Porschen

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 30 June 19 07:45 BST (UK) »
The opening post claims a second child born in 1951, which does not fit with his death in 1945, unless a presumption of father's surname.

Offline Harald Porschen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 30 June 19 12:59 BST (UK) »
Yes. I read about the second Child. But i guess we have to check birthcertificat first. Whats nit so clear to me is the Name of his Wife "Hardman or maidenname Hennerley". Does it mean the marriage with willem de Koning was here second marriage?