Author Topic: Richard Thomas Newill born in Chicago.  (Read 2676 times)

Offline piper pete

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Richard Thomas Newill born in Chicago.
« Reply #18 on: Monday 16 October 17 10:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Amberly
I was amazed to find the info on RT Newill my interest is on the 1901 census as he is staying with a relative of my family. How is he connected to yours if at all ? I know it been ten months since your last post. The other responders were fantastic.

Offline amberly

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 08 November 17 11:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi PP,
Sorry to have taken so long to reply, just arrived back from holiday last night.

I have not been able to link RTN into my Newill family tree & have really given up on it all, sorry!

Amberly.
Roberts,Guilsfield area, Mont.    Beattie, Welshpool, Mont         Newill, Welshpool & Shrops.      Gwyther, London.                    Cureton, Shrops & London.       Whitfield, Shrops.                        Dickin, Shrops & Mont.               Barker, London.

Offline piper pete

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 10 November 17 10:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi Amberly,
Thanks for getting back to me. Sorry to hear  you've given up on Richard Thomas Newill.

However not wanting to bore you with my short story but the info you had acquired on him from the roots chat was really amazing and from so many people. I have now joined .

My interest is in tracing a illegitimate father of a grand parent in my history. I know you can never confirm these kind of details. However in the 1901 census my illegitimate grandfather then three years old was in a household in Portsea Portsmouth. Who else was there but RTN as a visitor from the US on independent means.  The grandfather bears the same two christian names as RTN. Given all the history uncovered by the people who replied to your entry nearly a year ago, I cannot believe I discovered all this just by googling RTN.
Further research shows RTN on the 1911 census in Sussex having married Rose Buss with 3 children 5,3, and 1, having shed 13 years and being born in Chicago ( ha ha). He also lost a child, Richard Thomas V Newill, aged less than one year, so he's got a thing about names. Free BMD further shows another Six children between 1912 and 1925. By then he's close to 70 having originally been born 1855 in Medway. His father originally came from Portsmouth. I know all this will prove nothing for me but if you get a fraction of what learned from your Roots chat entry it will have achieved something.
Best regards
PP

Offline amberly

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 10 November 17 11:40 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for your interesting reply.   RootsChat doesn't always come up with such a wonderful reply but is mostly very helpful.   I use it a lot & the replies or comments can come in several years after the original entry.   I'm often quite surprised!   
RTN may still be related to me but I just can't pin it on him as yet!
Happy hunting!  You won't be disappointed with RootsChat I'm sure.
Amberly.
Roberts,Guilsfield area, Mont.    Beattie, Welshpool, Mont         Newill, Welshpool & Shrops.      Gwyther, London.                    Cureton, Shrops & London.       Whitfield, Shrops.                        Dickin, Shrops & Mont.               Barker, London.