Author Topic: Belford Alexander Wallis Wilson  (Read 1934 times)

Offline BAWW

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Belford Alexander Wallis Wilson
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 26 September 17 12:13 BST (UK) »
Hullo - for some reason (perhaps as this is a new account, having lost access to my previous RW account) the system will not let me send PMs.  I will try and investigate why this might be.

My interest in Belford is longstanding - I believe his family is connected to mine via his grandfather, who is my great (x4) grandfather (and my cousin has the middle name 'Provo'!), which makes us 5th cousins, 4 times removed, I think.  I was unaware of any other family research into him, and would be interested with whom you are in contact, as my mother tells me I am the only one to do any genealogy!

He was born near where I live, and we share antecedent regiments (Royal Hampshire vs PWRR), and my family now are all from the Windsor/Maidenhead area.  Earlier this year, in preparation for today's centenary, I visited Tyne Cot and paid my respects, which means that I have now visited four memorials with his name engraved.

So, overall, I started a school project about him (pre-internet era), and restarted it as a book 10 years ago (as part of family history research) and with fits and starts I am trying to keep it going. But I also have a full time job, which limits the time I can dedicate to primary research.

I very much appreciate that it may take time (and the right mood) to send and/or digitise this information, and I would, of course, pay any fees you incur (either to you, or via a third party). In the meantime, I will try and work out why PMs do not work.

Offline Ringrose

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 26 September 17 12:28 BST (UK) »
I have no relationship to him.My husband was very keen researcher into the First World War and on seeing just his single name on the local war memorial decided to make a project of him and research his movements at the front.I live in Windsor but am not mobile but if you are nearby it might be easier to pass the bits over to you.We never did find out a connection with Windsor apart from a letter from the castle.
It would be wonderful to pass these pieces over to someone who has a connection.
Ringrise
Mann Ringrose Prior( West London)Prior (Halstead Colchester and Sudbury)Ringrose (Northants) Clark(sussex  Bath)Light(Shropshire West London)Barber(Northants)Gaudern (Northants)Piper(Suffolk)Carter (Essex)Nightingale,Stiles,Dunk,Hedgecock(Kent)Mann(south Devon )Le Cronier,Le Quesne,Poingdestre,Esnouf,Le Guyt,Anley.Le Carteret(Jersey)Clark(Bath,Batcombe,and Nyland )
er(essex)Nightingale(kent Sussex)Sutton (sussex)

Online LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 26 September 17 12:43 BST (UK) »
I think you need to make 3 posts before you can PM - so one more to go!
Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge
Dorset / Hants: Derham, Stride, Purkiss, Sibley
Yorkshire: Pottage, Carr, Blackburn, Depledge
Sussex: Goodyer, Christopher, Trevatt
Lanark: Scott (soldier went to Jersey CI)
Jersey: Fowler, Huelin, Scott