Author Topic: Stanley Thomas Booth b.April/May June quarter 1920  (Read 1560 times)

Offline Opal

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Stanley Thomas Booth b.April/May June quarter 1920
« on: Sunday 11 December 16 11:42 GMT (UK) »
Sergeant Stanley T Booth, RAF no 649831 was the flight engineer on a Halifax DK-139 (427 Squadron, 6 Bomber Command) that was shot down on the night of the 22nd/23rd June 1943 over Germany.  It was a 7 man crew and all were killed, my uncle Flying Officer Albert J Manning RAF was one of them. 
I am trying to obtain a photo of each individual crew member. 
I can trace no further details of Stanley other than his parents were Thomas William Booth and Beatrice Annie Booth of Winton, Bournemouth.  He is buried in the Reichswald Cemetery, Germany, aged 23 years.  His birth is registered in the June quarter at Christchurch, Hampshire in 1920.
There are no trees online which include him or his parents.
Can anyone offer any assistance in finding a photo or know of this family in the local area?  Thank you.
Oxon - Stevens, Bunce, Mobbs, Creek, Hoare,Bates, Austin, Crawford, Richardson, Paxford
Bucks - Stevens, Claydon, Bunce,
Lincs - Twell, Harris, Bilson, Cumberworth, Cooper, Langton, Healey, Twelve(s)
Herefordshire - Gunter, Merry, Tylor
Essex - Underwood, Cant, Finch, Smyth, Frances alias Puckle
Hertfordshire - Clarke, Parker, Francis, Wallace, Aylott, Nottage
Beds - Covington, Bennett, Clark, Carter
Ireland - Manning

Offline Daisypetal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Stanley Thomas Booth b.April/May June quarter 1920
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 11 December 16 13:43 GMT (UK) »

Hi,

I can see that Thomas W BOOTH married Beatrice Annie AGLAND in Christchurch in 1920. This is the only BOOTH/AGLAND marriage I can see so if you search on FreeBMD for births with surname BOOTH and mother surname AGLAND you can see that Stanley had a younger sister and brother.

I can also find possible marriages for both of these people.

If you are also looking for ancestors there are some trees on Ancestry for Beatrice Annie AGLAND.

Regards,
Daisy
All Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline Opal

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 11 December 16 13:52 GMT (UK) »
Thank you - I will take a look at Free Bmd and do a search for Agland trees.  I was a bit stuck as the RAF records are not online as were the Royal Canadian Air Force for the 5 Canadian crew and the very helpful Bomber Command Museum in Edmonton, Canada.  I have managed to trace and now have 6 individual photos of the 7 man crew and this is the last one!
Oxon - Stevens, Bunce, Mobbs, Creek, Hoare,Bates, Austin, Crawford, Richardson, Paxford
Ireland - Manning

Offline Daisypetal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 11 December 16 14:23 GMT (UK) »

Have you seen this photo?

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/features/snapshotsofthepast/remember_when/1940s/0/

It won't be Stanley but might be worth contacting the paper to see if they have any further info. about him.

I should mention that his family were living in Bournemouth in 1939.

All Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline Opal

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 11 December 16 14:36 GMT (UK) »
Thank you - I have found the brother and sister now of Stanley and sent a message to a private tree on Ancestry that has their mother, Beatrice Agland on. 
None of the public trees showed marriage/children for her and there are approx 5 private trees so I will see if I get a reply to the first message and if not contact the other private trees in turn!
Also did a search for his siblings but no trees including them either.  The brother died 1983 and I think I have found the sister's death.  Can't find a marriage for either of them so hoping I get a reply as that might explain more.
I will contact the local paper if I have no success.  Thank you again for your help.
Ireland - Manning

Offline Daisypetal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 12 December 16 14:59 GMT (UK) »

PM sent as info might contain living people.

Regards,
Daisy

Offline sichalk86

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 20 July 17 21:37 BST (UK) »
hello i have stumbled across this page as have been searching information about my grandfathers brother Stanley thomas booth as I'm visiting his grave in Germany next week, as no one has been able to go and know my grandad always won't to, my nan has given me photos of Stanley to get copies to put on his grave, if you would like me to scan and send you a copy please let me know who to send it to and if you want any information,

really pleased to come across this page  ;D

many thanks
Simon

Offline Opal

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 20 July 17 22:21 BST (UK) »
Absolutely brilliant!  I am so grateful and I will send you a private message on Rootschat giving you my email and look forward to having a photo of Stanley.
Stanley is the only crew member I do not have a photo of and my dream has been to have all 7 in photos to be able to put faces to their names from when I first started researching my Uncle's years in the RAF.  I have acquired a lot of info on this crew, including the report for the flight that night and before. 
My Mother and sister did visit Reichswald Cemetery and all the crew are buried there and I have photos of some of graves.  If you wish to find out more I may already have the answers from my research which I can send to you, as it is all scanned or saved onto my computer.
Please let me know if you do not get private message!  Thank you again!
Ireland - Manning