Author Topic: Dale - Hay - Walker family  (Read 2011 times)

Offline trevorteppler

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Dale - Hay - Walker family
« on: Sunday 11 December 16 15:10 GMT (UK) »
i am looking for information on the Hay family. My great great grandfather, Rev Peter Dale married Margaret Hay, daughter of Rev George Hay. Rev George Hay married a Miss Thomson in 1810 in Londonderry. Any information regarding the Hay family and Janet Walker (wife of Rev Peter Dale) would be much appreciated.

My great grandfather, John William Dale emigrated to South Africa in the late 1800's. I live in South Africa
Dale, Hay, Walker

Offline DonM

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Dale - Hay - Walker family
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 11 December 16 16:10 GMT (UK) »
Providing this is the correct Rev George Hay this is a search snippet from the British Newspapers Archive.

ORDINATION. Londonderry, Tuesday, March 3.—On Tuesday last, the Rev. M*CLt’RE, of Belfast, a Licentiate of the Presbytery of Ballymena, was ordained to the Co-pastoral Charge, with the Rev. George Hay, of the Presbyterian Congregation of this City.

There are quite a few entries for him, might be worth the investment to acquire the full and complete copies.  http://www.britishnewspaperarchive.co.uk

Don
I have turned off all email notifications, thank you.

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 11 December 16 16:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi , welcome to RC  :)

Not sure what you have already but it looks like Margaret Hay/Dale was age 40 on the 1851 Census (Renfrewshire) , born Ireland.

Was Rev. Peter Dale's mother Janet Walker ?
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:X1RB-ZJG

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline trevorteppler

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 11 December 16 16:19 GMT (UK) »
yes, his mother was Janet Walker but that is all i know about her. I did not know Margaret was born in Ireland but was told it was in 1811.
Dale, Hay, Walker

Offline KHazyD

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 28 July 18 10:02 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I live in Renfrewshire and stumbled upone Kilellan church remains with the head stone for Rev Peter Dale.
Dale is my family surname and on investigating about Peter Dale discovered his connection with Londonderry - my Dale forbears are from Magherafelt which is in Londonderry (My Great Grandfather moved to Glasgow from Magherafelt)
Did you get any further with discovering more about Peter Dale?