Author Topic: Hospital Scene in school perhaps  (Read 3931 times)

Offline scrimnet

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • No plan ever survives first contact...
    • View Profile
Re: Hospital Scene in school perhaps
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday 14 December 16 14:27 GMT (UK) »
I used to work in our local mental hospital which closed in 2002. Inside the hospital there was a ballroom with a wood floor and a stage. It was very similar to the room in the photograph. 

I was just going to say the same thing. Our local mental hospital was certainly used as a war hospital during WW1. The hall also had a gallery which would have enabled such a view to be taken.

I agree...A War Hospital in a "Mental Hospital" which had been turned over for the duration. Although some schools were used, and in fact Birmingham University became No1 Southern General Hospital, I am opined that this is the case...

I also worked for several years in an old psychiatric hospital...A load of buildings which periodically suddenly catch fire...The concert hall there was an early victim...Along with a very old projector and the Steinway...Some of the buildings have been converted, but the East Wing and the main body and clock tower are in a shocking state of disrepair, and another fire destroyed several wards last year :(
One more charge and then be dumb,
            When the forts of Folly fall,
        May the victors when they come
            Find my body near the wall.