Author Topic: Stanley Thomas Booth - born Christchurch June Q 1920  (Read 903 times)

Offline queenswood 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Stanley Thomas Booth - born Christchurch June Q 1920
« on: Tuesday 13 December 16 09:20 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to assist a colleague in researching the RAF Halifax crew members of her uncle. She is missing information on one last member of the crew-  Stanley Booth- he was killed in action and  died June 1943 - buried at Reichswald cemetery- as is my uncle too! Coincidence! i was born in Christchurch when it was still in Hampshire an so i thought I might try and help her.  It is a long shot but I wonder if there are any family members or others who can assist with any information in this respect.
Roots/Day/Atkins - (Essex/Suffolk/ London)Bourne/Milner/Corden-(Staffs/Shrops/Cheshire)
Wood/Gibbs/Battrick/Fall/Budden-(Dorset)

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: Stanley Thomas Booth - born Christchurch June Q 1920
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 13 December 16 11:29 GMT (UK) »
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline queenswood 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Stanley Thomas Booth - born Christchurch June Q 1920 Completed
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 13 December 16 14:24 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Rosie- I was responding to a request on a Bomber command website to which i belong- shared interest! I have looked at the link and it has lots of info. many thanks

Caroline
Roots/Day/Atkins - (Essex/Suffolk/ London)Bourne/Milner/Corden-(Staffs/Shrops/Cheshire)

Offline sichalk86

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 20 July 17 21:43 BST (UK) »
hello Stanley is my grandads brother, i have come across this page as I've been finding out as much information about him as i can. I'm also visiting his grave next week in germany, if i can help in anyway please get in contact more than happy to try and help
(*)

many thanks
Simon

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline queenswood 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 21 July 17 09:33 BST (UK) »
Hi Simon- I have shared your kind request on the RAF Commands website- of which I too am a member through my interest in my late Uncle who was a navigator on the Lancaster Bombers in 100 Squadron- missing presumed dead July 1944- buried too at reichswald. As and when I get a reply from the person who made the enquiry, i will do my best to put you both in touch.
Caroline