Author Topic: McCurdy family Carrickfergus Antrim  (Read 3250 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: McCurdy family Carrickfergus Antrim
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 21 December 16 09:08 GMT (UK) »
Wonder if this is the same Moore McCurdy from other topic?

Elizabeth McCurdy married Charles McCauley in 1853 and her residence was shown as Carrickfergus Antrim. At the time, her father was shown as Moore McCurdy and I can't find any information about him. Can anyone help please?
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Valerie Fennell

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 21 December 16 22:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
   7 Jun 1846 Alexander McCurdy married Jane Lough in St. Nicholas Church of Ireland, Carrickfergus. The fathers' names were Moore McCurdy and Samuel Lough.

Regards

Thank you, this means that Elizabeth McCurdy who married Charles McCauley in 1853 is Alexander's sister. I was hoping that this was so.

Offline RonnieMcCullough

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 17 February 17 12:43 GMT (UK) »
Martha (Debois/Duboys)Lough (daughter of Robert Debois) married William Lough (son of Samuel Lough) at Carnmoney COI on 14/2/1855. They were from Kingsmoss and my Gt Gt Grandparents. They had Samuel, William, Jane, Ellen, Rachel, Mary...who was born 4/8/1855. Address at 4 Score Acre, buried at Loughmourne. Mary had Jeannie Colwell 1887, died in Bangor 25/9/1960 who was married to my Grandfather, John McCullough from Scotch Quarter, Carrickfergus.

Offline McCurdy1963

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 30 April 21 00:45 BST (UK) »
I have extensive details on the family of Moore McCurdy and also Alexander McCurdy and Jane Lough and indeed the John Lewis connection.
I should be interested to be in touch with any members/descendants of these families.
I live near Moira in Northern Ireland
Kind regards
Shane McCurdy

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.

Offline RonnieMcCullough

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 12 March 22 01:31 GMT (UK) »
Martha (Debois/Duboys)Lough (daughter of Robert Debois) married William Lough (son of Samuel Lough) at Carnmoney COI on 14/2/1855. They were from Kingsmoss and my Gt Gt Grandparents. They had Samuel, William, Jane, Ellen, Rachel, Mary...who was born 4/8/1855. Address at 4 Score Acre, buried at Loughmourne. Mary had Jeannie Colwell 1887, died in Bangor 25/9/1960 who was married to my Grandfather, John McCullough from Scotch Quarter, Carrickfergus.