Author Topic: Looking for ancestors of Joseph Jones born 1874 Liverpool  (Read 3002 times)

Offline Susantina

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for ancestors of Joseph Jones born 1874 Liverpool
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 06 September 17 14:56 BST (UK) »
Oh hi thank you for getting back to me . Iv come to the conclusion that my family tree is wrong yes I knew about Robert and Florence not marrying till 1933 and  did wonder why. I did think I was on the right track until I did my DNA test . My results have come back and no matches to my jones tree  so up loaded to gedmatch and a load of jones popped up Hannah finch Mary jones ,Jane jones so now in stuck all I knew of my dad was his name Thomas Howard jones and the date he died .

Offline Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 06 September 17 16:04 BST (UK) »
Did your father marry anyone?  If so, what was his father's name and occupation on the marriage certificate? 

Debra  :)

Offline Susantina

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 06 September 17 16:12 BST (UK) »
I didn't get that as I knew when they married never thought of getting it for confirmation of names

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 06 September 17 20:22 BST (UK) »
Do you have your fathers full birth certificate confirming his parents as Robert Joseph Jones and Florence Wilson?   And, if so, what is Robert Joseph's occupation?

I can't see a likely entry on 1939 Register for a Robert and Florence in Liverpool so maybe the marriage certificate 1933 is the way to go if you are sure this couple are Thomas' parents.

Annette

Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sue 123

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 08 September 17 09:08 BST (UK) »
Oh hi thank you for getting back to me . Iv come to the conclusion that my family tree is wrong yes I knew about Robert and Florence not marrying till 1933 and  did wonder why. I did think I was on the right track until I did my DNA test . My results have come back and no matches to my jones tree  so up loaded to gedmatch and a load of jones popped up Hannah finch Mary jones ,Jane jones so now in stuck all I knew of my dad was his name Thomas Howard jones and the date he died .

Hi,

As you can see from this thread I also got into a mess with the Jones!!! I had a Joseph Jones ( grandad in L'pool) who I thought had ancestors being Robert Jones & his wife Hannah Finch in the 1800s. However I think I had gone up the wrong tree as I am now looking at another group of Jones who were boilermakers.
Good luck as there are so many Jones's!!!!