Author Topic: Walter Corbitt c1690 Romford area: looking for marriage and birth  (Read 2021 times)

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Walter Corbitt c1690 Romford area: looking for marriage and birth
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 22 December 16 14:22 GMT (UK) »

I've looked for an earlier marriage in little Warley, Romford and Havering atte bower with no luck so far.

Plenty of other parishes in that area

https://www.esfh.org.uk/map3.php

Little Warley isn't particularly a neighbouring parish to Romford.
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline nannyj

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 22 December 16 15:26 GMT (UK) »
No but it's the next one on to Harold wood, although I think they were the gidea park end of Harold wood.

Funny really: my 8x grandparents lived in gidea park. Somehow the generations have gone to Dagenham, out to Southend, in to Marylebone, out to forest gate, then barking, then back to Dagenham and my parents live back in gidea park, although I moved away over thirty years ago!

It'll be just my luck to find I have the wrong Ann corbitt's birth now! I do know she married Thomas Angell in 1735 though ...
Jamiesons, Martins and McGonigals of Coleraine, Londonderry
and
Cullens, Grahams and Challenors of Dublin county and city.

Offline Jolee

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 05 January 17 15:33 GMT (UK) »
Still haven't found a marriage but have you got Charlotte spelt Sharlott daughter of Walter and Ellinor Corbett of Hare Street baptised 03/09/1708.

Also I think his wife must have been Ellinor as there is an Ellinor Corbett buried in Romford record reads "Ellinor Corbett wife of Walter of Harold Wood" on 10/08/1723

I have found a family living in Romford but don't know if there is any connection to your Corbett's
Christin (F) 1641 - Walter 1643 - Elizabeth 1648 - Walter 1649 - Rachel 1651 - Walter 1655. All with the father called Walter.

Offline nannyj

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 05 January 17 22:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jolee. Thanks for looking. I have Shar Lott (and Walter 1710, Ann 1711, Harry 1712, Elinner 1713, Ann 1715 and albertus 1717. I also have the deaths of all the children. I believe Ann 1715 to be my ancestor, but also found deaths of Ann Corbett infant 1711 and Ann corbitt 1715 infant. I haven't found any other Ann corbitts born and my Ann marries Thomas Angell (sometimes written as ainger in his children's baptisms) 1735 in Romford. So I think Ann 1715 is mine, unless another Ann corbitt is found born around 1715 to make her marriageable age in 1735. I don't have a death for Ann ainger or Angell, which would be helpful if it had her age as well!
It's finding a marriage for Walter and elliner that's stumping me. Or a birth for him. I did find a Walter born 1665 to albertus. Walter names one of his sons Walter and the other albertus.
and

Offline Jolee

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 06 January 17 14:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I had to go to Romford Library  this morning so while I was there I checked the alphabetical listings of the following churches for Corbett's marriages
South and North Ockendon
Upminster
Rainham
Wennington
Cranham
There were none listed in the time period the only one was in 1823, I have found a another lead if it proves ok I let you know.

Offline Jolee

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 06 January 17 15:33 GMT (UK) »
I have checked the Will of Walter Corbett made 1663=64 he was a grazier of Hare Street Hornchurch, he mentioned Rachel his daughter, who I listed previously, he would have lived in the Gidea Park section of Hare Street.

This will is online on Essex archives

There are two Walters born in Romford a year apart 1) 19/01/1655 to Walter and 2) 26/12/1665 to Albert

Offline nannyj

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 06 January 17 18:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jolee. You've been busy! Thanks ever so much.
I have Essex records online, so will look at the will. He was of hare street, so must have at least been linked.
Thank you again 😊

P.s. Just looked at the will. Must be related somehow as the names are the same: Ann, Mary, Walter, Albert.
and