Author Topic: Great Grandparents John Bourke & Kate Tierney + Bartholomew Daly & Mary Lawlor  (Read 4407 times)

Offline keni

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Great Grandparents John Bourke & Kate Tierney + Bartholomew Daly & Mary Lawlor
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 18 December 16 19:07 GMT (UK) »
Gaffy, thanks again, Anne was my grandmother and my aunt, her daughter, told me she was born on April 5th, 1895 ..... She must have been wrong... it's clearly 1894 from what you've sent! I can't understand how someone could get their mother's birth year wrong.

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Great Grandparents John Bourke & Kate Tierney + Bartholomew Daly & Mary Lawlor
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 18 December 16 19:09 GMT (UK) »

... Bartholomew Daly and Mary Lawlor had the following children in Limerick, probably in Kilcolman: Margaret (Peggy) Daly b. Feb., 10th 1889 ...

Margaret born 7th Feb 1889:

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1889/02479/1920335.pdf

Offline keni

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 18 December 16 19:12 GMT (UK) »
More misinfo from my aunt I think!..... unless I misheard her, I can't ask her any more, she passed earlier this year.... I bet poor gt. aunt Peggy (Margaret) used to wonder why her birthday card from my aunt was always 3 days late! She was the most gentle, kind and lovely person.........she would never have said anything in case it hurt aunt Ellen's feelings.

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline keni

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 18 December 16 20:00 GMT (UK) »
Good enough for me with the father, date and area all good. Thanks Gaffy!

Online Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 18 December 16 20:45 GMT (UK) »
The church in Kilcoman and the one in Ardagh are pretty much the same distance from Glendiheen so I guess they went to the one with the easiest road.

Offline keni

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 18 December 16 22:21 GMT (UK) »
Yes Sinann, You're right, trying now to find john Daly's and wife Mary's death dates. Also, Gt. Gt. grandparents on other side of family, Michael Tierney born around 1826, poss in Tipperary who possibly married Bridget McMahon or Mary Ryan. Roots Chat has been brilliant in a very short space of time, thanks for everything Sinann and everyone, Ken

Online Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 18 December 16 23:20 GMT (UK) »
The image of the marriage cert isn't online yet
But this looks like them
Kate Tierney
http://www.rootschat.com/links/01j3h/
John Burke
http://www.rootschat.com/links/01j3j/

FamilySearch gives Clarina
And father's names
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FGDG-RB1

Offline keni

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 18 December 16 23:34 GMT (UK) »
Hiya Sinann, definitely, the marriage was on Feb., 24th, 1868.... though the spelling Burke is incorrect, probably the person writing it made an error, I've seen this on numerous occasions in my tree. Looking for Kate's parents now. Father is Michael I believe and he was possibly born in Tipperary. That's gonna take a while to sort out. English records are far easier. Thanks again Sinann, Ken