Author Topic: 48 Tillotson Road, Lower Edmonton, N9 1920-1928  (Read 537 times)

Offline Tgapitbull

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
48 Tillotson Road, Lower Edmonton, N9 1920-1928
« on: Monday 19 December 16 06:53 GMT (UK) »
I have found a Miss L M NAPIER who sailed on 15 January 1920 on the "Athenic" in 3rd class from Plymouth to Auckland, New Zealand age 32 years, single, occupation Laundry Forewoman.

Again on 6 January 1928 she sailed on the "Otranto" from London to Sydney, Australia.  Destination New Zealand.  Occupation Laundry Proptress age 40 years and single.

The shipping records state in both instances that the address that she last resided at in England was:

48 Tillotson Road (off Church Street)
Lower Edmonton,
London N 9

Grateful if someone is able to identify who was living at this address in 1920-1928.

Many thanks
WNW

Online ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 48 Tillotson Road, Lower Edmonton, N9 1920-1928
« Reply #1 on: Monday 19 December 16 07:13 GMT (UK) »
Herbert Alfred Clark and Rose Clark throughout the period 1922-1928 per the electoral rolls. Other names appear from time to time so they may have taken in lodgers.
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Tgapitbull

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 19 December 16 21:41 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks Shaun for this information.  You might just have shattered my "brick wall" that I have had since 1970's but will need to do some further checking before I can confirm!

With the information that you have provided I have done some further research.  Herbert Alfred CLARK  married Rose NAPIER in 1915 (Sept Q Edmonton).  A Rose NAPIER was born in the June Q 1890, Edmonton.  Her parents appear to be Henry and Mary Napier. 

In the 1901 census for Edmonton, Middlesex, Parish All Saints, Shrubery Road, Edmonton there is a Henry J Napier age 46 years born Islington and Mary age 46 years born Coggleshall, Essex and children: Maud age 19, Charles age 15, Lily M age 13, Rose age 10 and Stanley age 8.

There is a Henry James Napier born Apr-Jun 1854 Islington.

To back track - If Miss L M Napier is Lottie Madeline Napier born in NZ in 1888 - her parents are William Henry Napier (b 13/6/1864 The Fortune, Elstree, Edgeware, Middlesex) and Eliza COOK.  William Henry Napier's father was William Henry Napier born c 1835, Topsham, Devon (unable to find a birth/baptism).  He married a Julie Harriet FARROW (aka FARR) c 1859 in Fulham (also unable to find this marriage).

I will look to find the connection between Lottie and Rose's family.

If I can find it, it may help me get past my "brick wall".

Many thanks
WNW

Offline Tgapitbull

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 19 December 16 23:34 GMT (UK) »
Further to my earlier posting ...

Further research has identified that Miss L M Napier is Lillie May Napier born Edmonton March 1888 and sister of Rose Clark nee Napier.

She appears in the New Zealand electoral roll of 1928 as a spinster in Whangarei.

In 1928 she married William Henry STAMMERS.  William died in 1947 and she died in 1970.

Back to the drawing board.