Author Topic: name or transciption error? Ancrum Rutherford 1764 Wooler  (Read 1869 times)

Offline Dwild1968

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: name or transciption error? Ancrum Rutherford 1764 Wooler
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 06 April 17 15:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Susan,

I've picked up from other trees in Ancestry.co.uk that they had a brother called Daniel, and so have taken that in good faith at the moment. I assume it's right.

I've not don't much, if any material work on this side of the family. I've focused on the Pattisons in Alnwick right now. The leap from them to our 6 x great grandparents was as a result of me finding Sarah with Ann and I explored a little more, and then I think came across your tree on Ancestry. I've had some success with unusual names using google, and so tried the same with Ancrum, and landed on this thread.

You've done some great work. Fascinating.

Best wishes

Darren

Offline Dwild1968

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 06 April 17 16:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Susan,

I guess this answers the question on the correct spelling of Ancrum's name. See attachment recording the death of Ann, his wife in 1848.

Best wishes,

Darren

Offline geordiesue

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 06 April 17 16:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Susan,

I guess this answers the question on the correct spelling of Ancrum's name. See attachment recording the death of Ann, his wife in 1848.

Best wishes,

Darren

What good detective work Darren. That`s a good find. :) Skoosh mentioned in an earlier post that the name Ancrum may have come from the battle at Ancrum Moor which if you google it mentions Rutherfords from Roxburghshire. I wonder if there is a connection.

Best Wishes
Susan