Author Topic: Find My Past Renewals  (Read 1574 times)

Offline Gibel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Find My Past Renewals
« on: Wednesday 28 December 16 09:52 GMT (UK) »
Yesterday I received an email from FindMyPast to say that their request for payment for my subscription renewal had been refused possibly because of a card change. Yes my card had been renewed this year so that was the probable reason however I had not received a notice of renewal ( I have checked all emails received in the last month) which would have prompted me to change the card number on my account.

Today I rang Find My Past customer support it's closed says the answerphone message but we're open Monday to Friday 9 - 5.30! Try Live Chat says the message no that's closed!!

So until they reopen and I can renew I've had it! Grrrrrrr! Anyone know when they reopen?

Offline Jebber

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Find My Past Renewals
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 28 December 16 09:56 GMT (UK) »
There should be no need to contact them. Click on "My Account" and update your card details.

Jebber
CHOULES All ,  COKER Harwich Essex & Rochester Kent 
COLE Gt. Oakley, & Lt. Oakley, Essex.
DUNCAN Kent
EVERITT Colchester,  Dovercourt & Harwich Essex
GULLIVER/GULLOFER Fifehead Magdalen Dorset
HORSCROFT Kent.
KING Sturminster Newton, Dorset. MONK Odiham Ham.
SCOTT Wrabness, Essex
WILKINS Stour Provost, Dorset.
WICKHAM All in North Essex.
WICKHAM Medway Towns, Kent from 1880
WICKHAM, Ipswich, Suffolk.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 28 December 16 10:08 GMT (UK) »
This info about opening hours from the site :

Seasonal Support Hours are as above with the exception of:

Monday 26th December 2016: Closed

Tuesday 27th December 2016: Email support only

Monday 2nd January 2017: Closed

Tuesday 3rd January 2017: Email support only

So you should be OK today.

Also - agree with Jebber re updating details.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Gibel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 28 December 16 10:46 GMT (UK) »
I've tried phoning again and get the same message that they are closed. I've put in my new card details but I'm still listed as an expired account.

I'll leave it till this afternoon and see if anyone is manning the telephone. Live Chat appears to have disappeared! I've emailed them to see if Customer Support is open tomorrow.

I got an automated reply to my email with details of their opening hours! And a link to live chat which when you click on it tells you it's closed! So despite their Seasonal Opening Times saying they're open FindMyPast is closed!

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 28 December 16 11:09 GMT (UK) »
I've just phoned the number and got through!
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Gibel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 28 December 16 12:10 GMT (UK) »
I have now got through, staffing problems caused the late opening. I should have received a renewal notice but didn't. A helpful lady has sorted out my account and payment will be taken from my new card.  A very frustrating morning but got there eventually.

Thank you for your help.

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 28 December 16 12:33 GMT (UK) »
Have they also offered you a loyalty bonus? My renewal is due on the 6th and I received a reminder yesterday offering me 25% off "This annual subscription price is not available to non-renewing customers - it's our way of thanking you for your loyalty" So if you don't get that, ask why as it wasn't your fault that it didn't renew.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 28 December 16 12:40 GMT (UK) »
Interesting, Mum's sub expires on the 9th but she says she hadn't received a renewal notification earlier in the month even though her account is set to Automatic Renew.  Have to check whether she has had anything subsequently.

When my renewal was due at the beginning of October I decided not to renew them but was offered the 10% discount on the old price which I think works out at 25%.  After I removed the automatic renewal I was just sent reminders offering me 10% discount I suspect off the new price.  As I'd not been using the site much this year, and had been waiting for the Leicestershire and Rutland PRs to appear, decided to lapse the subscription for the time being.  Still waiting for Leicester and Rutland but rumour has it some may start appearing from January.
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 28 December 16 12:42 GMT (UK) »
They have a £1 for 1 month offer on, so get in fast!

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"