Author Topic: Residents of Irish Street, Enniscorthy 1800s  (Read 2866 times)

Offline npl

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Residents of Irish Street, Enniscorthy 1800s
« on: Wednesday 28 December 16 19:34 GMT (UK) »
Hello Rootschatters,

Is it possible to find a list of the residents of Irish Street, Enniscorthy in the early 1800s? Any help appreciated.

Many thanks,

Nora

Offline trish58

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Residents of Irish Street, Enniscorthy 1800s
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 28 December 16 20:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi Nora
I can't help with your request, but I was in Irish St in July, my Grandfather was born there in 1893.
It was lovely to see the Street he was born though of course the houses have gone and replaced with office buildings.

Trish
Rae, Feeney, Singleton, Appleton, Agnew, McKeachie,
Fury, & many more

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 28 December 16 22:06 GMT (UK) »
Not as such. But I believe there is a list of tenants on the Portsmouth Estate in Enniscorthy, ca 1790s or so? But such lists often turn out to be only of direct tenants, and rarely list sub-tenants.
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 02 January 17 19:09 GMT (UK) »
Hello Rootschatters,

Is it possible to find a list of the residents of Irish Street, Enniscorthy in the early 1800s? Any help appreciated.

Many thanks,

Nora

Not in the early 1800s, but a transcript of the 1861 census for Enniscorthy survives. Would that be of any use?
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 02 January 17 19:36 GMT (UK) »
Tithe Applotment records show some names in Irish Street http://titheapplotmentbooks.nationalarchives.ie/search/tab/home.jsp
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 02 January 17 20:47 GMT (UK) »

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 02 January 17 21:21 GMT (UK) »
I wasn't aware we were looking for specific names - I just responded to the request and thought it may help  :-\
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline npl

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 03 January 17 11:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi Wexflyer,

The list of residents of Irish Street from the 1860s census would be a great help. Thank you so much for all your efforts.

Kindest regards,

Nora

Offline npl

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 03 January 17 12:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi Heywood,

Thank you for your reply and the helpful link to the Tithe Applotment Books. I have Kavanaghs and Keegans in Irish Street. They intermarried so they seemed to stay close to one another! Very helpful for me :)

Kindest regards,

Nora