Author Topic: Baptism of Mary Carver abt 1730 - 1740  (Read 506 times)

Offline Westy11

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Baptism of Mary Carver abt 1730 - 1740
« on: Thursday 29 December 16 02:46 GMT (UK) »
Mary Carver & Edward Moseley married in Wymeswold 1759. The marriage transcript was silent on Mary's location at marriage assuming that she was of the Parish but who knows?

Edward was said to be of Seal in Leicester but so far unable to locate his baptism either.

Edward & Mary had at least 6 children between 1761 - 1774. Edward was buried in 1801 in Netherfield and Mary in 1799 in Netherfield.  Neither records give an indication of their age at death.

I located Edward & Mary's marriage in Wymeswold but no baptism for Mary in the same Parish. The earliest Carver record I could locate in the Parish was the marriage of George Carver [maybe a brother to Mary?] in 1757.

Any and all assistance welcomed. :)

Westy

Offline dcbnwh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Baptism of Mary Carver abt 1730 - 1740
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 29 December 16 13:30 GMT (UK) »
The burials were in Netherseal, Derbyshire, rather than Netherfield, as were the baptisms for the children.

There are some baptisms not too far away for Mary Carver - 1724 in Melbourne, Derbyshire, and 1730 in Willington.
There was also a George Carver baptised in Melbourne, like Mary, to William and Elizabeth.

Might be worth investigating Derbyshire records.

David

Offline Westy11

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Baptism of Mary Carver abt 1730 - 1740
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 29 December 16 23:39 GMT (UK) »
David thanks so much.  Will check it out.

I also realise I wrote Netherfield and have no idea why I did that as I didn't know of Netherfield nor do the records I attached to the children say Netherfield.  :-[

Westy