Author Topic: Whitten / Wo(o)lsey  (Read 2630 times)

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Whitten / Wo(o)lsey
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 29 December 16 16:48 GMT (UK) »
The Belfast Newsletter of 19 June 1888: WHITTEN - June 17, suddenly, at my residence, 41, William Street, Portadown, Robert Whitten, of Brisbane, Queensland, eldest son of the late Robert Whitten, Marleycoo, aged 55 years.  His remains will be removed for interment in Clare burying-ground, this (Tuesday) aternoon, at two o'clock.  Friends will please acccept this intimation. WILLIAM WHITTEN.

Offline Anne Whitten

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 30 December 16 10:03 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks for your many detailed responses to my query regarding my ancestors.

You have found more information than I thought was possible.  It will take me some time to absorb all this information so I might return with more questions.  Your have been much appreciated.

Offline HeatherCook

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 20 March 21 08:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I was re-reading these posts about Robert Whitten and his son John Whitten who married Sarah Wo(olsey).  The Robert Whitten of Marlecoo (many spellings of place) is a completely different but contemporary individual to Robert Whitten of Cargans d 1865 and left a Will.  Robert Whitten of Cargans did have a son John Whitten but his wife most probably was Sarah Annett also from Cargans.  The deceased son in the Will, William Whitten was married to Lucy (of the Redpath family also of Cargans).  We have many DNA matches and shared matches with the family of Robert Whitten of Cargans. Regards Heather Cook

Offline rory.13

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 01 March 24 16:10 GMT (UK) »
Regarding an earlier post above, I am looking for the baptism of William Whitten who was born c1842 in Marlacoo Mullabrach, son of Robert Whitten and Mary Ann McMahon. Also the marriage and baptism of his parents, if possible. The post indicated that this would be in Clare Presbyterian Church. Not sure if I can access these records. I do have William's marriage to Caroline Walker on 6.4.1863.

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 02 March 24 06:59 GMT (UK) »

Welcome to RootsChat, Rory  :)

I do have William's marriage to Caroline Walker on 6.4.1863.

Here's the URL link to the marriage for others:
William Whitten married Caroline Walker - 6 April 1863 -  Ahorey Presbyterian Church
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1863/09642/5496536.pdf

Mullaghbrack (ONeilland West portion) civil parish
https://www.townlands.ie/armagh/mullaghbrack-oneilland-west-portion/

Marlacoo More townland
https://www.townlands.ie/armagh/orior-lower/mullaghbrack-oneilland-west-portion/mullaghbrack/marlacoo-more/

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline rory.13

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 02 March 24 10:26 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for the links. I do use that website and it doesn't include the church I am looking for. I already have the marriage records for William Whitten and his siblings (one of whom is the person in the original topic of this thread). I am looking for William's pre civil registration church baptism and marriage of his parents Robert Whitten & Mary Ann McMohan (or Maghin as indicated above). They are definitely the right parents. This is my first post. Not sure if my query is clear and also whether I should have started a new topic on the beginners' board. Please advise. Thank you.