Author Topic: William Hugh Nicholls  (Read 2545 times)

Offline Aussie1947

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Hugh Nicholls
« Reply #9 on: Friday 30 December 16 00:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

An 1894 Queensland Police Gazette has him as William. H. NICHOLS.

Gerry 

Offline Becky92

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 12 February 17 05:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi there 85jbk, I'm just wondering if you found anything more about William Hugh Nicholls, my father has been trying to track down a lot of info on him. Thank to all of you that's provided so much info it's been a huge help

Offline thurren

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 07 March 17 11:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi 85jbk,

I think we might have connected a few years ago via ancestry.com in joint searches on the Nicholls family in Mining towns in FNQ. I have continued to search for information on William Hugh Nicholls  b 1858 - and also information on his wife Mary Cuffe b approx 1860 as well as other related family information.  I have found out a little more re WH Nicholls time up to around 1894 in QLD but then nothing concrete after that re WH Nicholls.  I have seen some very old posts re a possible WA connection -and have reached out to those posters in the past  -  but haven't been able to get a link confirmed and have also sought some external research help to try and push through the brick wall as they say.    Anyway am hoping we might be able to touch base again and compare research notes from the last few years - and save some collective time crossing off those research angles we may have looked at individually. 

Happy to make contact with anyone else also researching WH Nicholls and Mary Ann Kellow/ Wright/ Nee Cuffe and descendants from Thornborough/Dimbula/Cairns areas.

Cheers
thurren