Author Topic: Margaret Ballard, b 1748, Cwmyoy, dau of Maximilian BALLARD  (Read 748 times)

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Margaret Ballard, b 1748, Cwmyoy, dau of Maximilian BALLARD
« on: Sunday 01 January 17 07:16 GMT (UK) »
Can anyone help my find this lady later than 1770 when her child, James BALLARD was baptised in Cwmyoy?  Margaret's father on her baptism record is Maximilian BALLARD, and I believe her mother was Sophia (died 1783, Cwmyoy), but I don't know Sophia's maiden name.

I see two siblings for her, William, b 1750, and Mary, b 1752. 

I wonder if she married and would be interested in any information about her.

I am also looking for the death of her father Maximilian BALLARD.

Judith
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MarMnkly

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Always looking back
    • View Profile
Re: Margaret Ballard, b 1748, Cwmyoy, dau of Maximilian BALLARD
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 04 January 17 20:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi Judith
FindMyPast parish transcription has the faintly recognisable burial of Maximilian Ballard in August 1781, at Cwmyoy. The transcriber has listed it only under the surname. as the first name is difficult to read unless you know you are looking for Maximilian.
The clearer image for Sophia says, Sophia Ballard widow was buried 31st January 1783 - Cwmyoy.

Mar :)
Surname Interests
Massey, Munkley, Powell, Thompson, Thurkettle

Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Margaret Ballard, b 1748, Cwmyoy, dau of Maximilian BALLARD
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 04 January 17 22:46 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks, Mar.

I had seen Sophia's burial but not Maximilian so that's a real bonus.  It's very lucky having this unusual forename as I have been able to go even further back with the BALLARDs.  All the others have fairly conventional  names so looking for a William BALLARD, for example, gives too many choices.

No sign of the daughter Margaret though  :(

Judith
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk