Author Topic: SLUPSKI, Kazimiez  (Read 2524 times)

Offline francoso

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
SLUPSKI, Kazimiez
« on: Monday 02 January 17 03:16 GMT (UK) »
Could anyone please help me to trace Polish and German records and/or history for the Subject person:

SLUPSKI, Kazimierz, Polish, R.C. born 10.07.1926 Poland/Warschau, arrived Wellington, New Zealand on 24 Jun 1949 aboard the "Dundalk Bay" for Pahiatua Camp.

Embarkation Number = F4405  [F = Single Man fit for Employment, first 4 = Polish, last three digits (405) = embarkation roll].

He came from the Displaced Persons Camp, Butzbach, U.S. Zone Germany (which I believe was just north of Frankfurt)

The SS 'Dundalk Bay' departed with Emigrants from Grugliasco Camp, Italy, sailing from Trieste on 20 May 1949 under the auspices of the International Refugee Organisation, Group Resettlement to New Zealand.

His full name may well be Kazimierz Jan SLUPSKi and he was known as Karl.

The family is very interested in tracing his earlier whereabouts in Poland and then Germany before his emigration to NZ as a refugee.

With thanks in advance for any help offered.

Regards
francoso

Offline francoso

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: SLUPSKI, Kazimiez
« Reply #1 on: Friday 06 October 17 05:23 BST (UK) »
As I haven't had responses to my posting, could anyone please tell me if lists exist of Displaced Persons from the Butzbach Camp. Slupski may have been Forced Labour from Poland and then placed in the camp when the war ended.
Regards
francoso

Offline Gaie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • CenInf Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 07 October 17 13:33 BST (UK) »
Hi francoso

Direct descendants or close relatives of Kazimierz could try putting in a request here:

https://www.its-arolsen.org/en/information/request-for-information-on-victims-of-nazi-persecution/

It is a free service, but you may have to wait a long time for them to find and send information, if they have it, so be patient!

Did Kazimierz marry?  Any details of parents from a marriage certificate?  Any information helps searching.

Kind regards
Gaie

Sussex, Burwash/Somerset/South London: PANKHURST/FABLING/GREEN/KING/PARROT/POPE/PEMBROKE
Notts/Leics/London: POLLARD/BELAND/FELLS/MORRISON/MARYSON/CLARKE
Northants: MARRIOT/T
Suffolk: LINGLY/LINGLEY/LINDLY/LINDLEY/ SEAGER /SIGGER/SEGGAR/VINCE
Gloucs: WINDOW Glamorgan: JENKINS Cardiganshire: JONES
Poland: OZIEMKIEWICZ France: LINETTE

Offline francoso

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 08 October 17 04:07 BST (UK) »
Thanks, Gaie, for the contact. I'll advise the family to email the ITS.
Regards
francoso

Offline Vanda13

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 18 May 18 07:02 BST (UK) »
Hi francoso

Kazimierz Jan Slupski is my father. He was known as Karl or Kaz.

As far as I know, my younger sister and I are his only surviving family so I am intrigued as to who 'the family' might be that are making enquiries.

Kind regards

Vanda

Offline francoso

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 18 May 18 09:51 BST (UK) »
Hello, Vanda Marie. I hope that I have this correctly in my Notes. I have got three sisters, daughters of Kazimierz (Karl) Jan Slupski and Eileen Kamo: Vanda Marie, Helena Karleen, and Amelia Faith Slupski. I believe Amelia was born about 1957 and died about 2007. I understand she had a child born in 1976 (in NZ). He is married to my niece. They are the two who asked me if I could find out anything about his grandfather in Poland and how he came to be in Germany during WW II (he was born in Warsaw, Poland on 10 Jul 1926). If you have any info I am sure they would appreciate very much receiving such info.  So, if you can help, please contact me through Personal Message.
Kind regards
francoso

Offline Vanda13

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 18 May 18 10:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Francoso - as a new member I am unable to PM on this site before 3 posts . Are you allowed private email addresses?

Kind regards

Vanda

Offline francoso

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 18 May 18 10:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Vanda. Not sure but I wouldn't want to post my email anyway. Why not just post another message and that will be your three and then I will try to PM you.
francoso