Author Topic: John Minor  (Read 597 times)

Offline dgbell

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
John Minor
« on: Tuesday 03 January 17 06:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi, John Minor B1819, clarenceville, Quebec, Married Polly Partlow, clarenceville, Quebec. I am looking for his Parents and Siblings, as well as Polly's. I am up to date on the family but cannot find parents or siblings. Hope you can help

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: John Minor
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 03 January 17 09:54 GMT (UK) »
Background info on previous thread

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=515892.0

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline dgbell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 04 January 17 06:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sandra ,  Thank you for refreshing my memory, however I still have been unable to find parents and am trying to find siblings.  DGB

Offline cosmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 05 January 17 03:30 GMT (UK) »
The Partlow family referred to in the previous thread - James and Lana - might prove to be connected.  Perhaps an older brother to Polly.
James married Lana/Eleanor VanDike - d/o of Peter VanDike.  James, shoemaker, baptized some of his children in Iberville, Quebec and then later children at Clarenceville.  He is on the 1852 census in Clarenceville but by 1860 had moved to Alburgh Vermont and he and Lana died there and at least some of his children married there.  If you look at Vermont records you can trace records under Partlow and Partlo.
Lana's father, Peter, fought in the War of 1812 with the Glengarry Fencibles and daughter Esther was baptized in a Quebec church in 1813.  His wife was Susannah - possibly with surname Lucas.
Peter applied for a land grant in Quebec in 1830.  He died in Dunham Quebec and his death is recorded in the Drouin records. 
FindAGrave for Vermont shows some Partlow graves for James and Lana's family.