Author Topic: Muirhead/Moorhead - Midlothian  (Read 1254 times)

Offline DavidG02

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Muirhead/Moorhead - Midlothian
« on: Wednesday 04 January 17 06:47 GMT (UK) »
If I could piggyback on this rather than starting a new thread.

I have 2 deaths, husband and wife both in Fisherrow I have found DC for both but the age given for the husband is different and I want to see if a headstone says different.

Archibald Muirhead/Moorhead b(1804 - or so I thought ) died 1848 In documents he is listed as aged 50.

Janet Muirhead b (1805) died 1851 in Fisherrow

Genealogy-Its a family thing

Paternal: Gibbins,McNamara, Jenkins, Schumann,  Inwood, Sheehan, Quinlan, Tierney, Cole

Maternal: Munn, Simpson , Brighton, Clayfield, Westmacott, Corbell, Hatherell, Blacksell/Blackstone, Boothey , Muirhead

Son: Bull, Kneebone, Lehmann, Cronin, Fowler, Yates, Biglands, Rix, Carpenter, Pethick, Carrick, Male, London, Jacka, Tilbrook, Scott, Hampshire, Buckley

Brickwalls-   Schumann, Simpson,Westmacott/Wennicot
Scott, Cronin
Gedmatch Kit : T812072

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Need help with a cemetery possibly midlothian
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 04 January 17 14:36 GMT (UK) »
Topic split rather then leaving it attached to something else
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline DonM

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Muirhead/Moorhead - Midlothian
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 04 January 17 17:14 GMT (UK) »
You lost me...my guess is you believe this one belongs to Thomas and not George.

Don

I have turned off all email notifications, thank you.

Offline DavidG02

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 04 January 17 22:15 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Dawn

Yes Don , I do. :)

Archibald son of George married in Drymen in 1828 and became a successful farmer. Living past the 1871 Census

Based on further records and newspaper obits here in Australia and marriage records ie Margaret sister to my GGGGgrandmother took them in after the death of both parents married a William Trail McLean Tailor. Marriage notice states Archibald was a Gardener and not a farmer. Margaret was born 1824 , 4 years before the Drymen marriage.

Unless I have missed another  birth I am confident Thomas is the father of my Archibald. But thank you for making me check again. Its good to be questioned. :)

Paternal: Gibbins,McNamara, Jenkins, Schumann,  Inwood, Sheehan, Quinlan, Tierney, Cole

Maternal: Munn, Simpson , Brighton, Clayfield, Westmacott, Corbell, Hatherell, Blacksell/Blackstone, Boothey , Muirhead

Son: Bull, Kneebone, Lehmann, Cronin, Fowler, Yates, Biglands, Rix, Carpenter, Pethick, Carrick, Male, London, Jacka, Tilbrook, Scott, Hampshire, Buckley

Scott, Cronin

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 04 January 17 22:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi David,

If you think the birth is your Margaret (illegitimate) she should be recorded under both parent's surnames (separately on SP).

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline DonM

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 05 January 17 01:34 GMT (UK) »
Dave

I know both of these families I was merely checking as his father was never mentioned.

I trust you have the original Bann and spotted his trade at the time of their marriage.  If not send me a PM and I will email it to you.

Don

I have turned off all email notifications, thank you.

Offline DavidG02

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 05 January 17 06:01 GMT (UK) »
Dave

I know both of these families I was merely checking as his father was never mentioned.

I trust you have the original Bann and spotted his trade at the time of their marriage.  If not send me a PM and I will email it to you.

Don
Thank you for the very kind offer Don :)

Scott, Cronin