Author Topic: Seeking advice re researching boat building family from Lincolnshire  (Read 461 times)

Offline BlackStairs

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Seeking advice re researching boat building family from Lincolnshire
« on: Wednesday 04 January 17 16:21 GMT (UK) »
Hello
I realise this might be grasping at straws because of the very limited amount of information I have but I would appreciate any advice from anyone who may have undertaken research in Lincolnshire.

I am searching for information regarding ancestors. The were a family of boatbuilders named Washington who moved from England to Ireland in the 18th century. Unfortunately there are next to no useful records available from Ireland pre-1800 so the information we have is very limited - we do not know when in the 18th century they moved or from where. There is a strong likelihood they came from Boston in Lincolnshire (we have also heard reference to the Broads and Lancashire).

I would be very grateful if anyone could advise of any sources that could be researched that may identify the names of boatbuilders in Boston in the 18th century. I recognise this is very much a shot in the dark but I would be delighted to hear from any locals who may be able to direct me (of course I would also love to hear from anyone who has actually come across this family in their own research)