Author Topic: Warwickshire Record Office - Look-up request  (Read 6397 times)

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Warwickshire Record Office - Look-up request
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 05 January 17 14:28 GMT (UK) »
Or - direct from www.gro.gov.uk for £9-25 (to add another to dobfarms already comprehensive list of options)

I do agree, this really isn't such a lot.  Most hobbies cost, and Family History is no different!
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Marigold1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 05 January 17 17:44 GMT (UK) »
This is a huge thank you to everyone who has so kindly given their thoughts and ideas to solving my John William Bottrill problem. I'm pretty sure now that I am beginning to work out John William's story and the changes of surname which made things so complicated.

Regarding the suggestions about different ways of obtaining information, costs etc if I were researching my own ancestry I would be quite happy to pay whatever is necessary.

What I am actually doing at the moment is editing and expanding the electronic Loughborough Roll of Honour: http://loughborough-rollofhonour.com/

There are 569 WW1 soldiers biographies  to be corrected and expanded and I am currently about half way through doing these.  This is voluntary work with no funding to support it. I myself pay for annual subscriptions to FindMyPast and Ancestry in order to do the work. (My nearest public library which offers access to these databases is too far away to make it feasible for me to do the work there.)

Once again, thank you to everyone who contributed towards the unravelling of thie Bottrill mystery.

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 05 January 17 17:53 GMT (UK) »
You're doing sterling work, Marigold.

I've trawled the newspaper archive looking for John & Ellen Broom/Rodgers/Bottrill to see if any stories would have prompted a change of name but no success.

If you ever work out what it was all about, do let us know  :).

Josey
Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON

Offline JJen

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 05 January 17 18:28 GMT (UK) »

What I am actually doing at the moment is editing and expanding the electronic Loughborough Roll of Honour: http://loughborough-rollofhonour.com/

There are 569 WW1 soldiers biographies  to be corrected and expanded and I am currently about half way through doing these.  This is voluntary work with no funding to support it. I myself pay for annual subscriptions to FindMyPast and Ancestry in order to do the work. (My nearest public library which offers access to these databases is too far away to make it feasible for me to do the work there.)

Once again, thank you to everyone who contributed towards the unravelling of thie Bottrill mystery.

What a great thing to do. Well done!!

Please let us know if you need any further help.

JJ

Offline sandiep

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 05 January 17 18:57 GMT (UK) »
don't stop asking for help Marigold there are lots of people on here who love to help especially for such a good cause
Pender, Raphael,Lambert,Digby,Stent,
Dowell,cornish,mulley,Death,Rosier,
East End,Suffolk,Essex,Cornwall,Devon,London,  middlesex, hertfordshire                                      Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Mansl

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Joseph Haines
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 06 January 17 22:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi All.

I will go to the Warwick Records office tomorrow morning and look the marriage up for you.They have been closed all week as they always do the first full week in the month.

Alan
Warwickshire-      Green, Mansell
Gloucestershire-   Mansell, Haines
Worcestershire-    Haynes, Simms
Oxfordshire-         Green. Hawkins
Leicestershire-      Kirby. Gee
North Shields-      Middlemiss, Haines, Faircloth

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 07 January 17 11:39 GMT (UK) »
What a star, Mansi, your contribution to such a worthwhile project will be appreciated.

Josey
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY

Offline Mansl

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Joseph Haines
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 07 January 17 11:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi All.

Well here we go then.

St Peter's Parish Church, Coventry.

25/12/1903 (Not the 28th)

John William Bottrill 19 bachelor   labourer   8 house 2 court Castle Street.Father John Bottrill lab.

Sarah Ann Jarram   19 spinster      8 house 2 court Castle Street.Father Thomas Jarram boatman

Witnesses  Clara Gee and John Bottrill

Alan :)
Warwickshire-      Green, Mansell
Gloucestershire-   Mansell, Haines
Worcestershire-    Haynes, Simms
Oxfordshire-         Green. Hawkins
Leicestershire-      Kirby. Gee
North Shields-      Middlemiss, Haines, Faircloth

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 07 January 17 12:25 GMT (UK) »
Great, at last we know.

Hmmm, so address not same as the Keyboards's Rodgers 1901 census Ashby Square, but could have been an accommodation address? As Sandiep found, Sarah Bottrill nee Jarram at Ashby Square in 1939 also John Rodger 1901 snr is a labourer.