Author Topic: margaret malloy  (Read 1034 times)

Offline marcie dean

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
margaret malloy
« on: Thursday 05 January 17 00:39 GMT (UK) »
Margaret malloy is from my nans' side of the family. I made an educated guess or premise that she came over from ireland she is the mother of Janet Omay, having married William Omay. but having restarted my tree using my heritage I found out that she was not born malloy she had previously been married to a Henry malloy in ireland, came from a place called quilly in county down,  maiden name being recorded as Margaret Kilpatrick:
now on my grandfathers' side of the family, his grandfather was Robert brown, his father was Hamilton brown, his first wife was Margaret duncan, his second was Janet or Jessie Kilpatrick, I'm now looking to prove a connection more closely related between these two families, and would like some of your expertise to prove it with information and dates,dates that I currently do not have there is recorded a jane kilpatrik, would she possibly have been known as jesse or jess or jessie?
Scotlandorkney flett bell, strickland laird traillcalqahoun.
Lanark/Argyll/Renfrew/Ayr:Smith, Steele,Kirkwood,Hamilton,May,orO'mayscott and anderso, craig , forbes taggart Kirkwood, milloy and steel apart ftom others which are numerous, graham mcilroy. stewart.brown battonisle of sku rothsay etc.
 searl rogers sutherland
Edinburgh/Aberdeen:portsea marsh,brownwhittcomb and others. to numerous to mentionweymouth frank.  Laidlaw,Brown,Dean//Charles/Hall/Slight/Johnston belgium loquet

Offline argyllshiregirl

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: margaret malloy
« Reply #1 on: Friday 13 January 17 02:21 GMT (UK) »
Just wondering if you have any dates? Would these folks have lived in Argyll? Very hard to help unless we know a bit more. :)
Fletcher of Glen Orchy, Argyll, McGregor of Argyll and Balquhidder, Perth, Mathison, Laidlaw, Forsyth of Dumfriesshire, McMillan, Johnston, Galbraith, Nicholson of Argyll, McPhail, McArthur, McKinnon, McLean, Paterson from Isle of Mull

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 13 January 17 09:34 GMT (UK) »
From an earlier thread-

Hitting my head off brick wall of birth and marriage Margaret Milloy could it be family travelled as her father was seaman ?

William O'May  D. 1897  74 yrs (Gardener)

Father Alexander O'May B. 1797  D. 1885  87 yrs ( shepherd)  M.  1819  Janet Campbell  B. 1797 D. 1871 Aged73   Campbeltown

Father Donald O'May   (shepherd)  Mother Jean Graham

Margaret Milloy   B, 1828  D. 1893 aged 65

Father William Milloy (Seaman)   M.  1814  Campbeltown   Ann Milloy m.s  McPhail     Ann's Father Robert (farmer)
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline marcie dean

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 16 January 17 09:26 GMT (UK) »
Just wondering if you have any dates? Would these folks have lived in Argyll? Very hard to help unless we know a bit more. :)
I have found several different margaret malloy and milloyall  with diffferent refs. and outcomes
I found that margaret malloy marrried wm o'may and had janet O'may
but I alsoa margaret kilpatrick in ireland who married a henry malloy and then left ireland and turned up in campbelltown and married wm O'may.,that is what I believe and they did live in argyll.
for at least 200 yrs.my branch at least.
same as my smith familywhom janet O'May married and had children, at least 10-12

Scotlandorkney flett bell, strickland laird traillcalqahoun.
Lanark/Argyll/Renfrew/Ayr:Smith, Steele,Kirkwood,Hamilton,May,orO'mayscott and anderso, craig , forbes taggart Kirkwood, milloy and steel apart ftom others which are numerous, graham mcilroy. stewart.brown battonisle of sku rothsay etc.
 searl rogers sutherland
Edinburgh/Aberdeen:portsea marsh,brownwhittcomb and others. to numerous to mentionweymouth frank.  Laidlaw,Brown,Dean//Charles/Hall/Slight/Johnston belgium loquet