Author Topic: Weatherhead family in Tynemouth  (Read 8837 times)

Offline tamarakel

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Weatherhead family in Tynemouth
« Reply #54 on: Thursday 19 January 17 22:31 GMT (UK) »
The Rootschatter I asked to do a look uo (Take a bow C-side and thank you!) has come up trumps yet again.
Here are the marriage details

Christchurch, Tynemouth, 17th April 1871 by licence

Anthony William Wagner, Bachelor of full age, Sailor, of this parish.  Father George Wagner, Farmer
Elizabeth Jane Weatherhead, Spinster of full age, of this parish.  Father James Weatherhead, Sailor

Anthony signed, Elizabeth made her mark

Witnesses:  Ann (?) Peterson, Robert Pine

The really odd thing about this record is that the brides surname was badly written on all three occasions to the point where I would not have known it said Weatherhead unless I was primed to see it that way.  It did, in fact, look like Weatshead.  The rest of the writing was not like that??

Given that they were married by licence I then checked the licences via Family Search and the licence image can be seen/ downloaded here :

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01jb9/

No new info but its a nice thing to have to add to your family records.

Boo

Thank you so much for this info Boo and C-side :)

So another piece to the puzzle, William Wagner was a sailor, I'm going to try to look up for info on the mariner's sites to see if I can find anything there as well...
Kelly, Weatherhead, Wagner, Russell, Smiles (Smailes)

Offline tamarakel

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Thursday 19 January 17 22:34 GMT (UK) »
Re the baptism record you found for Joseph Weatherhead in Berwick in 1791, I agree that it might be hard to prove that he is the Joseph you are looking for.

I note that there are actually two transcriptions for Joseph on Familysearch - one for Joseph Weatherhead and one for Joseph Weatherhead or Hope. Now the latter is often an indication of illegitimacy. Looking at the actual image in the Berwick Bt's (it is image 159) the entry says " Dec 13 Joseph son of John Weatherhead and Isabel Hope (Born 10th)".

The entry immediately above states Dec 11 Ann daughter of James and Ann Mills (born Nov 22nd)... and the one below Dec 18th Robert Nisbet Son of William and Margaret Weatherhead (born 4th).

Now while it does not come outright and say it I think I know the conclusion that I would arrive at from the above - just something to bear in mind if doing further searches for these people.

William

Ps Good work C- Side! I  had a great day in the archives when I was on holiday in Warkworth last year. Just wish I lived nearer to visit on a regular basis.

thank you for the info and I am going to look to see if I can find any other weatherheads in that area to see if I can find a match somewhere :)

Offline tamarakel

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Monday 06 February 17 22:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ladies and Gents,

I need help with finding James Weatherhead and Barbara Christie Ferguson Weatherhead's death certificate/date

James Weatherhead was born in 1857 in North Shields was baptized in tynemouth

Barbara was born in 1855 in North Shields was baptized in tynemouth

Last known record of Barbara is in a cencus in tynemouth in 1861

Last known record of James was in 1871 cencus at tynemouth workhouse,

Any help or direction would be much appreciated thanks again!

Offline middlesbrough

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday 07 February 17 01:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi again,
Death for James from 10 nov 1903 Berwick Advertiser
At Berrington Lodge on the 2 nov. James Weatherhead, husband of Barbara Hardie and edest son of the late George Nevin Weatherhead, Tweedmouth, aged 42 years.
Death for Barbara
Berwick Advertiser 5 Aug 1921
At Hay Farm, Cornhill on Tweed, on 28 July Barbara Ellen Weatherhead, aged 54, widow of the later James Weatherhead, late of Doddington, Wooler.

Offline middlesbrough

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday 07 February 17 01:20 GMT (UK) »
Oops sorry, wrong Barbara

Offline tamarakel

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday 07 February 17 18:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ladies and Gents,

I need help with finding James Weatherhead and Barbara Christie Ferguson Weatherhead's death certificate/date

James Weatherhead was born in 1857 in North Shields was baptized in tynemouth

Barbara was born in 1855 in North Shields was baptized in tynemouth

Last known record of Barbara is in a cencus in tynemouth in 1861

Last known record of James was in 1871 cencus at tynemouth workhouse,

Any help or direction would be much appreciated thanks again!

I should have added this info, I apologize... the James and Barbara death certificates I'm looking for are the children of James and Barbara Weatherhead Senior

Offline tamarakel

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Monday 13 February 17 10:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi again,
Death for James from 10 nov 1903 Berwick Advertiser
At Berrington Lodge on the 2 nov. James Weatherhead, husband of Barbara Hardie and edest son of the late George Nevin Weatherhead, Tweedmouth, aged 42 years.
Death for Barbara
Berwick Advertiser 5 Aug 1921
At Hay Farm, Cornhill on Tweed, on 28 July Barbara Ellen Weatherhead, aged 54, widow of the later James Weatherhead, late of Doddington, Wooler.

Thank you Middlesbrough for your help...I added some info to my original post which I should have given previously...

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Monday 07 January 19 17:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tamarakel,

I was looking at the memorial inscriptions book for Christ Church, Tynemouth earlier on today and came across this one for two Weatherheads.  I have no idea if these might be two of your ancestors but even if not they may be of relevance for to someone else.

Ref. 17  Page 67

'Sacred to the Memory of Robert Weatherhead, Baker, who departed this life, 4th, Jan, 1829, aged 56 yrs.
'This Good man's epitaph needs no lays
To sound his virtues or sing his praise
The sweet remembrance of the just
Will flourish when he's laid in dust.'
Elizabeth Weatherhead, wife of the above, who departed this life, August 6th 1844.'
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline tamarakel

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Sunday 20 January 19 20:15 GMT (UK) »
Interesting, thank you for getting this info to me, I really appreciate it! I will check my weatherhead line  :D

Hi Tamarakel,

I was looking at the memorial inscriptions book for Christ Church, Tynemouth earlier on today and came across this one for two Weatherheads.  I have no idea if these might be two of your ancestors but even if not they may be of relevance for to someone else.

Ref. 17  Page 67

'Sacred to the Memory of Robert Weatherhead, Baker, who departed this life, 4th, Jan, 1829, aged 56 yrs.
'This Good man's epitaph needs no lays
To sound his virtues or sing his praise
The sweet remembrance of the just
Will flourish when he's laid in dust.'
Elizabeth Weatherhead, wife of the above, who departed this life, August 6th 1844.'